Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
Sorry, I must have posted at the same time as several others did..when i went to look for my post it wasn't right at the end of the thread, so I assumed it must have dissapeared! After re-writing all of it..with one finger because I had to hold the faceplate just right to see it...I left the thread, clicked the email link that tells me a new post has been made..I check it and found the first post i made as well as the UGGGH! post and the one I rewrote...oh well, I will know to check next time..P>S> i had it all neatly spaced too, but it didn't post that way.
you are absolved my dear
Old 06-29-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Sorry, I must have posted at the same time as several others did..when i went to look for my post it wasn't right at the end of the thread, so I assumed it must have dissapeared! After re-writing all of it..with one finger because I had to hold the faceplate just right to see it...I left the thread, clicked the email link that tells me a new post has been made..I check it and found the first post i made as well as the UGGGH! post and the one I rewrote...oh well, I will know to check next time..P>S> i had it all neatly spaced too, but it didn't post that way.
you are absolved my dear
Welcome to the club. I make boo boos a lot on here and have to go back and check what I have written. It seems my mind goes faster than my fingers.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
you are absolved my dear
Welcome to the club. I make boo boos a lot on here and have to go back and check what I have written. It seems my mind goes faster than my fingers.
something like that
Old 06-29-2011, 01:24 PM

Charlee, your road trip sounds like a great idea! You seem to be in an area where a lot of great machines are found. If wishes were horses, I'd be there, too!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:28 PM

featherweight
born 1951 june 1 Elizabeth NJ
AK 416867

She came with a case and several feet. should have taken a pic. forgot.
She did not have a plug on her cord when purchased, but
for $179 I got that taken care of.
she has some wear on the front AND I have not investigated how to clean her up from that aspect.
She sews like a charm. Her name is CeCe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-218669.jpe
Views:	296
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	218675   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-218670.jpe
Views:	343
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	218676  
Old 06-29-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by psychonurse
featherweight
born 1951 june 1 Elizabeth NJ
AK 416867

She came with a case and several feet. should have taken a pic. forgot.
She did not have a plug on her cord when purchased, but
for $179 I got that taken care of.
she has some wear on the front AND I have not investigated how to clean her up from that aspect.
She sews like a charm. Her name is CeCe
Welcome to CeCe - Miss Daisy had some wear, too, but I got her all prettied up with some help from Dave McCallum's book, "The Featherweight 221 and I."

Miss Daisy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218683[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-218677.jpe
Views:	176
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	218683  
Old 06-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Power Poster

There are some nice machines in Indiana too. I wish I could rescue all of them.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:40 PM

Very nice machines, especially "Miss Daisy."
Old 06-29-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Ok...here's the deal!

We meet up here at my house in Central Oregon, and hit the quilt/antique/junk stores here....we swing out and go thru NE Oregon, SE Washington, making sure that we hit South Central Washington, on over to the coast, down the coast, and kind of weave our way back here.
We'll take William so he can drive, haul the Uhaul trailer with all of our goodies, and manhandle the machines, and remind us to stop and eat!

:lol:
I'm in central MT. Make sure you include me. That sounds like a fun road trip. I may even talk DH into coming. He's good for hauling the heavy stuff too. He'll want to stop at some of the wineries.

Marie M.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
you are absolved my dear
That's why it is awfully nice there is an 'edit' button on here. What would we do without it? LOL, LOL