Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-31-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by deplaylady
I took a detour home after church today and followed a garage sale signs. there was a street sale - nothing looked too interesting in my drive by - until I saw a house that had some older stuff out front and the promise of more in the back. Well, I probably should have stayed in the car, but, I got out and immediately spotted a poor neglected sewing machine on the ground. As I was looking it over, being the last day, the woman offered it to me as a door stop or garden ornament - just take it away. I felt bad for it so it followed me home. The wheel turns freely and the needle goes up and down. It's missing its shuttle, here is is uncleaned. I'll clean it up, but it won't go in the garden. If I can find a shuttle and a bobbin, I'll stick a hand crank on it - if that is even possible.
I like it !! Send a picture showing the wheel end and I can tell you if I think It can be hand cranked.

Texas Jan
If you do it will not be an after market one, it will be one from the original manufacturer.

Billy
Billy, will the aftermarket ones only work on Singer brands with a motor mount?? I was hoping to HC an old White Rotary, but not sure that will work.

Texas Jan
Old 07-31-2011, 03:21 PM

Jane, can you post a pic of your machine with the typewriter keys. I am curious to see it. thanks, Lucy
Old 07-31-2011, 03:31 PM

thank you to miriam and cabbagepatchkid, I now have my 15-91 sewing like a champ! and have a pdf manual.
My DH is going to rewire the cord and foot control as it is patched in three places and needs a fourth up the machine. It could stand to have 2 more inches in length to the foot control just to fully touch the floor from my low sewing desk. (and I'm short!) the manual told me I have all the original assessories/feet for it also. Good buy for $50 at a garage sale I think. thanks again. I'll be checking in every now and again.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:40 PM

These are two of my many machines...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-234529.jpe
Views:	440
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	234535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-234530.jpe
Views:	351
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	234536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-234531.jpe
Views:	363
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	234537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-234532.jpe
Views:	349
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	234538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-234533.jpe
Views:	360
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	234539  

Old 07-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BrandyMcCoy
Brandy I love the white!!! It is really amazing how complete the decals are on the machine, after a thourogh cleaning it will look like it was never used!

Billy
Old 07-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Banned

Billy, will the aftermarket ones only work on Singer brands with a motor mount?? I was hoping to HC an old White Rotary, but not sure that will work.

Texas Jan
They need to have the machine boss on the rear of the pillar like the Singers had but many machines both Japanese and American had them.

Billy
Old 07-31-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by BrandyMcCoy
Brandy I love the white!!! It is really amazing how complete the decals are on the machine, after a thourogh cleaning it will look like it was never used!

Billy
Yes, it was in an older womans attic for many years..I received it because no on else wanted it..someone my husband knows found out that I sew and they gave it to me thinking it was nothing great...I love it though. I need to go digging around in my hubbies garage to find some cleaners. The decals are in near perfect condition:)
Old 07-31-2011, 04:36 PM

Texas Jan
They need to have the machine boss on the rear of the pillar like the Singers had but many machines both Japanese and American had them.

Billy
Thanks Billy,

Texas Jan
Old 07-31-2011, 05:08 PM

Ill be a son of a gun we are at 1400 Pages now! I would never have thought it would have taken off like this but WOW!! Thank you everyone for your contributions!!!

Billy
THANK YOU BILLY, for starting this shop. It sure has been fun... a little hard to catch up sometimes when time doesn't permit daily (or hourly) reading but LOTS of fun!

Hip, hip, hooray! :-D
Old 07-31-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
I felt bad for it so it followed me home. The wheel turns freely and the needle goes up and down. It's missing its shuttle, here is is uncleaned. I'll clean it up, but it won't go in the garden. If I can find a shuttle and a bobbin, I'll stick a hand crank on it - if that is even possible.
According to my Boye list, your machine takes a Boye #10 needle and a #9 shuttle. Perhaps Cindy Peters or Sew Classic has them.
Tommie
I am going by the ISMACS Boye Display Case Listing.

Thanks - and there's a list for these things?