Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID? >

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

Old 08-02-2011, 07:25 PM

I'm too young and too cute to be a grandmother but my DD thought otherwise so I am Siena Marie's GiGi. Granny, Nanna, etc., didn't sound right for me. Sienna's GiGi I am!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:34 PM

Mine is just name related....wasn't feeling very creative that day apparently....natalie gansel....at least it's easy for me to remember!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:44 PM

Everyone is so creative with their names and such great stories behind them. I needed a username when I started signing up on message boards related to scrapbooking around the same time we welcomed our beagle, so scrapbeagle became my name. The name just seemed to fit with this board so I didn't create a new one.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:47 PM

Mine is after my puppy Otis - he is the fawn colored french bulldog in my pic - he was 9 months old when he went for surgery for breathing issues - he didn't make it - I wanted to make a tribute to my Otis. Hence, my avatar and my etsy shop is Otisquilts.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:50 PM

It's been a joke for years that I am as grumpy as a dragon when I am unhappy. Dragon is so common it never is available. My cousin had a band named Draggon so I used that for my first email back in the day. So when I started quilting my husband called me a quiltdraggon all holed up in my lair. I even have above my desk the saying "Beware the dragon for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup."
Old 08-02-2011, 07:53 PM

I supervise America's largest quilting job program for male inmates. We were featured in the February/March issue of Quilter's Home Magazine.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
My real name is Sam.

About 10 years ago when I was a teenager I joined a message board for a band I really liked, Kittie, who are now my absolute favorite. I had a huge crush on the lead singer and considered her like this awesome musical rock goddess. She's also the rhythm guitarist and she plays a Flying V guitar. Hence "Flying_V_Goddess" and that was my screen name on that board. The name stuck so whenever I sign up for a message board or whatever I use that name.

Yes, that is the lead singer in my avatar (taken from a concert I went to last year on my birthday)
I always thought that your avatar was a picture of you having a blast performing somewhere!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:10 PM

One of my furbabies is named Missy and whenever I want to work on a quilt weather it be cutting, sewing or ironing she has got to help and be in the middle of it so hence the name Missysgottohelp.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
Mine is a combination of my nickname & my favorite Rod Stewart song!
My hubby is 6 months younger than me - he was a college student in our first married years & I was teaching nursing. He used to sing that song to me all the time!

For those of you too young to know "Maggie May" by Rod Stewart - Google it & you'll see why Tom sang it to me - I'm older & he was in school!

PS We had a cat named Maggie May for years.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:39 PM

My ID is self explanatory - I live in the Mtns of NW Montana; first name is Jan - so it seems to fit. :+)