Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Suzi
I'm sitting here feeling blue - just missed this beauty by 10 minutes. I should have been dialing the 'phone instead of "taking care of business". Crap (literally)!
Oh I am crying on this one too! I have been looking for a drawing room cabinet and to think it was $30 :shock:

Billy
Old 08-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by olebat
Billy, Yeah You! For a multitude of reasons. First off, you must be feeling better for this round. The motivation will hasten your healing. • you're branching into new "terror"tory. Some of these things intimidate me. Those young things can operate technology. I'm still at the point where I want to get up and turn a knob to change the channel or volume on a TV. I have difficulty operating a simple flip phone. I admire those of you who can open their doors, metaphorically speaking, using the technology out there. What you've done so far looks good. I'll be following. • For "moving" to such a romantic location.

• Suggestions? Well, keep a good sense of humor sprinkled in your comments. When writers block attacks, should that ever happen, just look out of your window, or on the floor. Whatever you see will "remind" you of something that happened years ago . . . happened to me on a regular basis, as I wrote about a memory, my thoughts would melt into a current day situation and the past was crumpled and tossed. That was on a typewriter - remember those? I envision a wonderful resource site with lots of pretty pictures.

This is like being around for the birth of a baby, and waiting for the first words, walking, and developing. It's exciting for me to see you Blog.
Well I am trying to venture out a bit, who knows I might build a website next....... Probably not :lol:

Billy
Old 08-10-2011, 08:02 AM

I'm sitting here feeling blue - just missed this beauty by 10 minutes. I should have been dialing the 'phone instead of "taking care of business". Crap (literally)!
I'd be blue too Suzi!! I'm sorry you missed it!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:03 AM

Well I am trying to venture out a bit, who knows I might build a website next....... Probably not :lol:

Billy[/quote]

Build one, its fun!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:19 AM

Ooohhh No!! I feel your pain...gotta take care of your "antique sewing machine "business" first!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Joke of the day. The "battery powdered box" is an audio mixer, lol.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-SEWING-MA...item3f0cc01cda
Actually it's a charger for rechargeable batteries. I had one just like it.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:39 AM

Here is my latest from our local CL, a 185K from 6/16/1960. Close to my sixth grade graduation date! I haven't cleaned her up yet, but she sews very nicely already. It comes apart very easily for cleaning. I didn't get the attachments, but I think the ones from my FW will work. This green is so much fun!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-239623.jpe
Views:	148
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	239629  
Old 08-10-2011, 11:42 AM

Great machine. I like mine a lot.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by good_apple
Joke of the day. The "battery powdered box" is an audio mixer, lol.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-SEWING-MA...item3f0cc01cda
Actually it's a charger for rechargeable batteries. I had one just like it.
My bad, was just going by what someone else said it was. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
My new to me 15-75. Needs some TLC, but has lots of attachments, white plastic case. Manual included is for a FW.
This is a look-alike pic, not mine. This was a good buy at $25 and less than 2miles from the house.
I love the machine!!!!

Billy
You know, I have a couple of spoked wheels. I'm pondering making it into a treadle and using it for bobbin work. Hmmm back to pondering.
I just finished making this beauty a treadle. Should be good to use for bobbin work. The electrics and handwheel are going overseas.