Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-10-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by Nanamoms
http://jackson.craigslist.org/art/2535500703.html

Need opinions please. How much "stuff" should be with this to make it cost effective? Also, she says OBO so maybe I could get her down some.
I try to get 125 - 150 out of one depending what it has. That would have to be a LOT of stuff. I betcha she hasn't had ANY offers. Wait a week and offer her 100. You have nothing to lose.
I agree with miriam.
I'd give it a shot.. never know!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by incoming2me
Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by Nanamoms
http://jackson.craigslist.org/art/2535500703.html

Need opinions please. How much "stuff" should be with this to make it cost effective? Also, she says OBO so maybe I could get her down some.
I try to get 125 - 150 out of one depending what it has. That would have to be a LOT of stuff. I betcha she hasn't had ANY offers. Wait a week and offer her 100. You have nothing to lose.
I agree with miriam.
I'd give it a shot.. never know!
she can always counter offer... the ones I put on CL have been gone over pretty well to make sure they work. I bet that one hasn't... just a thought - ask when it was serviced. That should be worth your difference.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nickylsf
Here is my latest from our local CL, a 185K from 6/16/1960. Close to my sixth grade graduation date! I haven't cleaned her up yet, but she sews very nicely already. It comes apart very easily for cleaning. I didn't get the attachments, but I think the ones from my FW will work. This green is so much fun!
Very nice machine indeed!! I scored on at my local thrift store the other month and it is going to be repainted and made into a handcrank.

Billy
Old 08-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lovelyl
Is there a Singer that does decorative stitches and is able to be treadled? I think some 328's can, but was wondering if there are others? I love to applique but want to do it on a treadle! (I know, I'm weird.) Anyone have any info?
There were several machines that were offered as a treadle in other countries but I am trying to remember if any of them do decorative stitches besides the 328. I have 2 328's and one is for sale if you need one to use for that purpose. It even is capable of running a double needle.

Billy
Old 08-10-2011, 04:17 PM

Here is my latest from our local CL, a 185K from 6/16/1960. Close to my sixth grade graduation date! I haven't cleaned her up yet, but she sews very nicely already. It comes apart very easily for cleaning. I didn't get the attachments, but I think the ones from my FW will work. This green is so much fun!
Love your Green Machine!!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:32 PM

What can you tell me about the Spartan. I am going to look at one tomorrow. The lady told me that it was made around the war and it is a 3/4 size machine. She does not have the manuel nor any attatchments. She did say that it is a work horse. The add says the cabinet needs to be refinished. She wants $90 for it. I feel that is way to high, any feed back before I go look at it tomorrow morning? Kathie
Old 08-10-2011, 05:36 PM

she is sooooooooo cute.
I must start searching for one of these :)
Old 08-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by lovelyl
Is there a Singer that does decorative stitches and is able to be treadled? I think some 328's can, but was wondering if there are others? I love to applique but want to do it on a treadle! (I know, I'm weird.) Anyone have any info?
There were several machines that were offered as a treadle in other countries but I am trying to remember if any of them do decorative stitches besides the 328. I have 2 328's and one is for sale if you need one to use for that purpose. It even is capable of running a double needle.

Billy
yes The Singer 401G and 411G look on the vintage sewing machine pictures. I have posted them. I am working on turning them into treadles - all in my 'spare' time... LOL
Old 08-10-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Very nice machine indeed!! I scored on at my local thrift store the other month and it is going to be repainted and made into a handcrank.

Billy
Billy, you have given me an idea. DH is getting one of his vintage bikes painted blue soon and I will give the painter my 201 at the same time. It is totally black. Or maybe the 66 red eye which I fear is too far gone to salvage the decals. Blue will be so pretty!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by incoming2me
She's beautiful!
Your FW attachments will work perfectly.
I have two of these 185's and LOVE them!
I have a 185J that's supposed to arrive on Friday from shopgoodwill.com. I'm hoping that it arrives all in one piece. I can't wait to look up the date and sew on it. Glad to hear it comes apart easily for cleaning.