Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are There Any Quilt Patterns That Give You The Creeps? >

Are There Any Quilt Patterns That Give You The Creeps?

Are There Any Quilt Patterns That Give You The Creeps?

Old 08-22-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by shawnemily
Originally Posted by n2stitches
I would rather you ask the question what is your favorite quilt pattern? Too much negativity for me to read these posts.
I agree.
So, why doesn't start a thread like that? This thread is about what we don't like! :)

It's simply a discussion, and I agree with the previous poster--we all may change so by next year this time we'll like what we don't like now. We're all in the process of changing.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:41 AM

I'm glad to see this post also--all people have different opinions on every topic there is. There are many patterns I truly don't like, but I still look and appreciate their craftsmanship. I also like this post because I was curious if there were patterns others didn't like. I never had the courage to ask because I didn't want it to sound terrible. I really appreciate all your honesty, and the easy way people can say what they like, and dislike. That doesn't mean we don't like you, or your quilt, just that we might not like the pattern for ourselves. Thanks to all on this board for such wonderful friendships
Old 08-22-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by izzybelle
I'm glad to see this post also--all people have different opinions on every topic there is. There are many patterns I truly don't like, but I still look and appreciate their craftsmanship. I also like this post because I was curious if there were patterns others didn't like. I never had the courage to ask because I didn't want it to sound terrible. I really appreciate all your honesty, and the easy way people can say what they like, and dislike. That doesn't mean we don't like you, or your quilt, just that we might not like the pattern for ourselves. Thanks to all on this board for such wonderful friendships
You are right. There are many that I wouldn't make myself, but I know that if someone gave it to me, or I had the chance to rescue one--even one that I say I don't care for, I'd probably do it! :)

Plus, think how boring the world would be if we all liked/disliked the same thing.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I love bargellos. My thing is OBW. I only like them if they have a solid between the patterns. The others just do not appeal to me. It's probably a good thing I don't care for them, because all that matching and angles looks like a ton of work!
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I will probably regret admitting this---Bow Tuck Bags!!!
I totally agree with Lisa and Sadiemae!!! I feel better now that I got that off my chest! :thumbup:
Old 08-22-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by DeeBooper
ROFLMAO
You and me both!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by PieceandLuv
this is all just toooooooooo funny..........

:lol: :thumbup:
Old 08-22-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
I probably shouldn't answer this with MY avatar, but 30's and 40's stuff has the same effect on me. I'm not sure why. And that one piece pattern that some call "apple core" I think looks like mini-pads!
OMG!!! Mini-pads...I'm bustin' a gut here girls!!!

:lol:
Old 08-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by echobluff
Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I love bargellos. My thing is OBW. I only like them if they have a solid between the patterns. The others just do not appeal to me. It's probably a good thing I don't care for them, because all that matching and angles looks like a ton of work!
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I will probably regret admitting this---Bow Tuck Bags!!!
I totally agree with Lisa and Sadiemae!!! I feel better now that I got that off my chest! :thumbup:
I don't like the look of them, but I want to make one! Can't find the pattern but when I do ... LOOK OUT!!! :P
Old 08-22-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
I cannot stand scrap quilts...any scrap pattern at all. "Random" just doesn't fit my style. I'd rather eat worms than make one. :oops: :lol:
Ok, I burst out laughing with the "worm" thing.....I say that sometimes. :lol:
Old 08-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Swap Hosts

Echobluff, love your avatar! Can we see a close up? It doesn't give me the creeps at all! :lol: