Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-01-2011, 02:25 PM

Billy, praying for you and your family.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:33 PM

Add my prayers to others around the world.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:10 PM

Billy, DH and I hope you will have a speedy recovery and won't be away from the shop for very long.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:15 PM

Billy, thinking of you.

Also, a question for the experts here:
A local resale shop has 2 Singer 15-91 machines with bases. With delivery, I can get both for about $125 (total). All of the obvious parts are there, but the cords are original, so they would need replacement for safety. (about $25 or so per machine) I ahve not tested the motors.It looks like these machines are fairly common on eBay.
Would it be easy or difficult to resell one of the machines, for about $100, to pay for the other. ?
Old 09-01-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by buslady
Pd $100. But it is in excellent shape, has everything including a history. I am second owner. First passed at 96, couple years ago. Her name was Ortha Mary Elizabeth. Her granddaughter sold it to me, is thrilled it will be used. Will have to see if I can add pics from phone, otherwise will be home this weekend, on vacation up north this week. Edited: figured out how to add pic,but its a download, so will do it when I get home, hopefully can get them to attach directly.
Hang in there Billy, thoughts are with you.

Buslady, could you post a pic of the back of your cabinet for the two spool, I got the same one and the back bracket for the irons is broke. The machine I got is a National two spool, after looking at the cabinet it's on better shape that I thought, am missing the needle clamp and machine is froze up. Got it soaking in kerosene right now.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay gang I am going to let you know that I am probably be out of the shop for a while. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and I am thinking I am going to be admitted to the hospital for this infection they cant figure out. I am being really honest I feel like I am dying. I am covered from head to toe with sores and I can not even take a shower without crying in shear agony. I am eating Lortab 10's like they are candy 4 every 4 hours and can not do anything but lie down.

I just hope I can come out of this but I have accepted the fact that I might not and I am okay with it. I had 45 good years on this planet and had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends. But I am so tired of being in pain and suffering its not even funny.

Billy
Billy, get the best medical help you can for this, and please know that others are praying for you, that God would heal you.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay gang I am going to let you know that I am probably be out of the shop for a while. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and I am thinking I am going to be admitted to the hospital for this infection they cant figure out. I am being really honest I feel like I am dying. I am covered from head to toe with sores and I can not even take a shower without crying in shear agony. I am eating Lortab 10's like they are candy 4 every 4 hours and can not do anything but lie down.

I just hope I can come out of this but I have accepted the fact that I might not and I am okay with it. I had 45 good years on this planet and had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends. But I am so tired of being in pain and suffering its not even funny.

Billy
Billy you have left me speechless. I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. You are uplifted by many prayers. Lord we ask that you give the doctors the wisdon to know what is happening to Billy and we ask that the doctors fined the right meds. to cure him. Lord hold him and his family in your arms and place your healing hands on him. Lord through you are things are possible and we are asking for a miracle for him. Lord your word says that if two or more are gathered in your name you would be there. We are here in prayers and thougths for Billy and Lord we give him and his healing over to you the great physician. Amen Hang in there and know that we are here for you. Kathie
AMEN and AMEN
Old 09-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by 1000projects
Billy, thinking of you.

Also, a question for the experts here:
A local resale shop has 2 Singer 15-91 machines with bases. With delivery, I can get both for about $125 (total). All of the obvious parts are there, but the cords are original, so they would need replacement for safety. (about $25 or so per machine) I ahve not tested the motors.It looks like these machines are fairly common on eBay.
Would it be easy or difficult to resell one of the machines, for about $100, to pay for the other. ?

Try looking here for the cord - maybe be cheaper. http://shop.sew-classic.com/Singer-S...Models_c35.htm Don't know what you can get out of a machine in your area. I sold a 201 for $75 a couple months ago.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:50 PM

My co-worker bought me this machine while he was on vacation in the Ukraine. It is a handcrank for $130
with a serial # 4499604

Don't know if the price is good but I love the machine :lol:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-250138.jpe
Views:	199
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	250144  
Old 09-01-2011, 04:02 PM

Wow, great coworker you have there!