Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what's the worst thing you did... >

what's the worst thing you did...

what's the worst thing you did...

Old 09-09-2011, 06:52 PM

I went to a Catholic school and when I was in Jr. High I would sneak into the bathroom during religion classes, raise the window and smoke.....My mom and dad would have killed me had they known.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:21 PM

I learned to drive when I was 15, had my own car when I was 16, and drove everywhere by myself most of the time, including in and out of St. Louis, while I lived in New Haven, MO. When I was 18, I drove over to my Uncle's house, picked up HIS car, and went to the local DMV office and GOT MY DRIVER'S LICENSE, lol. Needless to say, I had no trouble passing the test. Funny thing, I used to give one of the local Highway Patrolman lifts all the time.

When I was 16, I got a job working in a beer garden, and yes - I served beer. I worked there for about six months until one of the customers told the owner how old I was. The fink, lol. From then on, I worked inside, but ended up serving beer again after a month or so, until I quit that job.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:29 PM

I guess what I never told my mom was that the guy I dated in high school liked to do drugs. I never did and he and his friends would be smoking grass and get mad a me because I would be sitting beside an open window so not to get high. I knew my mom would kill me if I ever did drugs of any kind. I did not drink either.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:32 PM

My Mom always said if I misbehaved it would "break her heart" and I never did anything to hurt her. I told her everything and she was my best friend. Of course, I am 78 years old and we didn't disobey our parents back then. I still miss my sweet mother. :)
Old 09-09-2011, 09:10 PM

Drove 90 miles an hour down the mountain coming home from skiing...it was near the bottom of the mountain and I forgot to take the car out of low gear (it was an automatic). Then there was the time I took my dad's Mercedes up and over a hill of snow in a parking lot...it was probably 15 feet high. :oops: :shock: :roll: Never told...never will. And if my daughter reads this, she better keep her mouth shut :evil: :lol:
Old 09-09-2011, 10:35 PM

My first year in college I made the mistake of taking the most boring class in the world, taught by a TA with a very heavy accent so he was hard to understand and the class started at 7:30 AM. I did not live on campus so I had to get up at 5:30 to catch the city bus. I flunked the class because I couldn't stay awake. I was put on academic suspension faster than you could blink and eye and spent the next 4 quarters begging the school counselors to believe that I was doing better. When you flunk a class your first quarter it takes a long LONG time to recover your grade point average. I still have not told them that I flunked a class because I became a teacher. Although I know he was joking I remember my dad uttering that idiotic phrase, "Those that can do, those that can't teach". It cut right straight to my heart and made me feel like I would never be good enough. I was not about to give them any ammo.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Power Poster

Do you really think that I would put that out in public for all the world to see?

Now - if you asked for one (or more) of the dumber things I've done . . . . I could probably fill a book.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:40 PM

When we were about 16 I stayed the night at my best friend's house. At about 2:00 a.m. she and I walked about 3 miles on a lonely road to my house and back. It was back in about '57 so much safer than these days. Haven't a clue what possessed us to do it.
I had a conversation with my son when he was in his 20's and I told him I was so happy he never drank or got into drugs. He said "Oh Mom, don't you remember me coming home from work at Pizza Hut and being in such a good mood?" He and his friend got into his friend's van after work and smoked pot. I asked him why he stopped, didn't he like it? He said no, he liked it too much. Whew!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
OK - here's my confession.(s)..

Once when I was about 13, my parents were gone for the weekend. I pushed the station wagon out of the garage and took it joy riding with my girlfriends for about 3 hours. I almost choked when my brother told my folks that the car sure does use a lot of gas...

Once when I was about 14 - I egged a house in my neighborhood. Didn't like the girl that lived there. But then - I felt guilty and went over and helped her dad clean it up.

Got caught hitchhiking by my Dad - he was the one who stopped to pick me up.... UGH!

Skipped lots of school... got thrown out of the Girl Scouts for smoking, shoplifted, and on, and on, and on...

Man - I really sound like some kind of Juvie..

But I am a fine upstanding citizen now. :)
Oh, that reminds me...smoking in the girls bathroom at school.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by kacy 49
I went to a Catholic school and when I was in Jr. High I would sneak into the bathroom during religion classes, raise the window and smoke.....My mom and dad would have killed me had they known.
My dad had no sense of direction so had a compass by the rear view mirror in his car. When my sister started driving at 16 in the early 50's my dad told her the compass was a smoke detector and if she and her girlfriend smoked in the car he would know. She and her friend would hang their heads out the windows when she drove.
We were soooo dumb!