Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-04-2011, 12:02 PM

What does TOGA mean?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by nellybelle View Post
What does TOGA mean?
Treadle On Gathering & Academy
Old 11-04-2011, 01:15 PM

Hello fellow vintage lovers. I really have to go to the VSMG and get a little screw. The tiny little piece of wire-type metal that holds the thread above the needle flung off. I don't know if the screw broke or fell out or even came with it. It's such a tiny, tiny screw. Since I don't have it, I can't measure it and figure out how tiny it is to try and order one from sew-classic. So, this leads me to a question, is it ok to quilt it if that little thingy isn't on there? Is it going to mess up anything in the machine if it's not on there? I'm not sure when I can get back to the shop or if he'll have the right one on hand. He says he has a ton of small ones. The one he gave me to replace it is really tiny, but still too big for the hole.

I have some projects that need quilted before the end of the month. I want to get on these soon. Managed to get some basted the other day, but need more spray, pins, and pain free moments to get on the floor and finish the rest.

~M~
Old 11-04-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Great obsservation!! I feel like we've lost a lot of people on this thread...besides Mz Johnny I cant put my finger on names, but we feel "thin"???

Oh, I would give anything to "feel thin"!!! (I know what you mean, tho...I'd come home from work and have 3-4 pages of responses to catch up on. Now I don't even have a page. Hope people aren't giving up just cuz it's new. That would be a shame. You just have to play around and find things and click on things to see where it takes you!!)
Old 11-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Derla View Post
It seems I did get 4 photos uploaded, but I don't see them, just the number of the pictures. Guess I did something wrong -Dear me - it is so hard for this old brain to get used to change!!!
I believe I have an old manual for that machine- at least it looks just like that machine. It says Necchi BU. Looks like it will be a very nice machine. The machine will need to stay in that cabinet - I 'm thinking they don't interchange with anything else - but I've been wrong before....
Old 11-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
Hello fellow vintage lovers. I really have to go to the VSMG and get a little screw. The tiny little piece of wire-type metal that holds the thread above the needle flung off. I don't know if the screw broke or fell out or even came with it. It's such a tiny, tiny screw. Since I don't have it, I can't measure it and figure out how tiny it is to try and order one from sew-classic. So, this leads me to a question, is it ok to quilt it if that little thingy isn't on there? Is it going to mess up anything in the machine if it's not on there? I'm not sure when I can get back to the shop or if he'll have the right one on hand. He says he has a ton of small ones. The one he gave me to replace it is really tiny, but still too big for the hole.

I have some projects that need quilted before the end of the month. I want to get on these soon. Managed to get some basted the other day, but need more spray, pins, and pain free moments to get on the floor and finish the rest.

~M~

I don't know why it wouldn't work. I forget to put the thread through those half the time any way.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

I got the Singer 66 cleaned up today. Glen, I have to agree - the 66 is one fine machine. SO SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!

Then I dug into a box of attachments and miscellaneous stuff and manuals. WHEE it was like Christmas. I have a good assortment of low shank attachments, buttonhole makers, a couple zig zaggers, a blind hemmer - just a ton of goodies..... I have a LOT of high shank feet of all kinds. I have a big box of foot controls too. There are some things I haven't figured out what they are. I think some time I'm going to make a whatzit post - maybe others here have a whatzit... It sure won't be today though.

I am in need of the little part that the balance wheel goes on for a Singer 99 - mine was dropped (before I got it) - it looks like a top hat sort of thing with ridges around it - screws onto the shaft, then the balance wheel goes over it.

Iris, I am very disappointed you didn't come over... again.... tap tap tap... BUT I did get the Singer 319 manual read clear through while I was sitting in my driveway waiting for you to come...
Old 11-04-2011, 01:40 PM

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=miriam;4631894]I got the Singer 66 cleaned up today. Glen, I have to agree - the 66 is one fine machine. SO SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!

Then I dug into a box of attachments and miscellaneous stuff and manuals. WHEE it was like Christmas. I have a good assortment of low shank attachments, buttonhole makers, a couple zig zaggers, a blind hemmer - just a ton of goodies..... I have a LOT of high shank feet of all kinds. I have a big box of foot controls too. There are some things I haven't figured out what they are. I think some time I'm going to make a whatzit post - maybe others here have a whatzit... It sure won't be today though.

I am in need of the little part that the balance wheel goes on for a Singer 99 - mine was dropped (before I got it) - it looks like a top hat sort of thing with ridges around it - screws onto the shaft, then the balance wheel goes over it.

Iris, I am very disappointed you didn't come over... again.... tap tap tap... BUT I did get the Singer 319 manual read clear through while I was sitting in my driveway waiting for you to come...[/QUOT

I knew you would like the 66 it is a great machine. Easy to use and maintain. We need pics of all the goodies and your clean 66.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Power Poster

[QUOTE=Glenn;4631940]
Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I got the Singer 66 cleaned up today. Glen, I have to agree - the 66 is one fine machine. SO SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!

Iris, I am very disappointed you didn't come over... again.... tap tap tap... BUT I did get the Singer 319 manual read clear through while I was sitting in my driveway waiting for you to come...[/QUOT

I knew you would like the 66 it is a great machine. Easy to use and maintain. We need pics of all the goodies and your clean 66.
Do you mean a picture of a big tote full of accessories? Or do you want me to sort them out??? I got some of them sorted out.... I bought a wooden drawer unit a couple years ago - it only has 42 drawers and they are stuffed. There has to be a better way to organize this stuff.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:51 PM

Not that I ever expect to see this post again, sigh, but thought I would tell you I found two cabinets today with the prongs still attached, and my little Olson fit into the smaller one. Darn. Oh, I am sooo glad to have it in the cabinet, but the other one, which was only a half inch too big, has a motor and wiring attached, and I was hoping to be able to use it to run the Olson. Of course, I guess I could move it to the other machine, huh? Dh is not handy with that sort of thing, and lately I seem to do myself bodily harm at least once a day....but my next door neighbor has advertised handyman services. Hmmmm.