Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-06-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
ok Charlee I will try to load it from the email. SCORE!!! Now let's hope that little opinionated darlin' likes his new quilt.
Miriam I really like your quilt. I have lots of old shirts and they would be great in a quilt like yours. I think my grandsons would like this one.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:31 PM

Is this a good deal?

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/atq/2684843772.html

I know that some people on here have New Home machines but when I do a search it comes up with posts that have the words "new" and "home" instead of New Home. I've already left a message to the seller so hopefully I'll hear back from him. The ad has been on Craigslist for awhile and the price has come down.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Miriam I really like your quilt. I have lots of old shirts and they would be great in a quilt like yours. I think my grandsons would like this one.
So many quilts look girly don't they? I did put a bit of a different pattern in the center of the 9 patch - it was a man's shirt - kind of a neck tie print but I love how it stands out and blends the other colors. A paisley would work too. I have another grand son who will need one some time and one due to be born in a few weeks. I'd say I'll be busy making little man quilts. While the little fellers are cute, they ARE boys. I think my DIL may be having a girl so I'll have to give her fair time as well. The hard part was to keep the plaids and stripes from going off - they did but this is not one for a quilt show - this is one for a little man to rap up in.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
Is this a good deal?

I know that some people on here have New Home machines but when I do a search it comes up with posts that have the words "new" and "home" instead of New Home. I've already left a message to the seller so hopefully I'll hear back from him. The ad has been on Craigslist for awhile and the price has come down.
looks like a winner to me!!! Nice machines. try putting 'New Home Sewing Machine' in your search see if a quote helps.

Last edited by miriam; 11-06-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Now let's hope that little opinionated darlin' likes his new quilt.
I love it!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
I always keep old boxes around with some styro foam and cheap felt to make containers to store my sewing stuff.
So that's how you did it! Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:10 PM

Is this a good deal?

I'd do it! That's a nice machine!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:19 PM

I apparently did something REALLY STUPID and clicked on mobile, and now I am stuck. How do I get out of this mode and back on to the regular page? I have a hard time even getting back on here. My email is [email protected]. I love the quilting board (liked it better before), but seriously, am going to end up bald from pulling my hair out. I wanted to show photos of the new machine and cabinet...accessories that came with it, etc. Is it just beyond help for me?
Old 11-06-2011, 01:36 PM

Is this a good deal?

That is a nice machine and I would not hesitate in getting it
Old 11-06-2011, 01:44 PM

Glenn started this. I'm going to show off my box. I took this to the mini TOGA that I attended in the spring, and one person came over to take a peek, thinking they had missed a Singer sewing item. They picked up the box and said OH!
Thanks to a copied image, Trader Joe's box of peppermint bark, and other goodies that I have saved, I have a sewing box. [ATTACH=CONFIG]282870[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]282871[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3921.JPG
Views:	599
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	282870   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3923.JPG
Views:	530
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	282871