Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
CHALLENGE YOURSELF! How about WIP's that are patiently waiting? >

CHALLENGE YOURSELF! How about WIP's that are patiently waiting?

CHALLENGE YOURSELF! How about WIP's that are patiently waiting?

Old 07-30-2009, 04:10 PM

I will play along too. I will finish at least on WIP/UFO before the first of September. Not counting the three that I am just finishing the binding and labels on. Those will be done too..
Old 07-30-2009, 04:13 PM

I'm actually getting ready to have 4 quilts done by a LAQ. I ordered the backing and I'm going over them to make sure all is ok before sending.

I have another 2 that are about ready, just need to finish the borders. Another one that I need to finish the center applique and sew together. And one more that needs a going over and I've ordered the backing for.

Who knows... maybe I can have 8 done by the end of August???!!!??? I want to actually get these all DONE this year, all but 2 were started since January. I am kind of challenging myself to get 12 done in a year.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:51 PM

Thanks for this. I just cut out a quilt for my granddaughter for her 1st birthday (Nov. 1st.) My busiest time of the work year is the middle of August thru the 1st of Oct. My DH said yesterday that I will never get done. I can and will!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:30 PM

I have a Jewel Box quilt for my mother that I'd like to get done.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:52 PM

I have a gift quilt that needs finished and delivered. That is my goal.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:53 PM

I have a quilt I'm doing QAYG that I started last Feb. I'm not sure if I'll have time to finish the rest in Aug, but I'll give it a good try. First I have to finish a baby quilt in the next couple weeks and possibly some accessories for baby.

Lynette
Old 07-30-2009, 08:05 PM

I have some that I have not finished. I will look at them and pick one and try to get a picture of it posted this weekend. I will try to finish it by the end of August.
This was such a good idea. thanks
Old 07-31-2009, 06:30 AM

I just want to find the time to get organized to see what WIPs I have and at what stages they are all at!!!!
Then I can make my attack plan and actually finish some of them!!!
I try and not start another project but then an idea hits, or a wonderful pattern and off I go again.
Sheesh...
Kirsten
Old 07-31-2009, 10:28 AM

I am working on a hand appliqued quilt for my daughter and her husband. It is their wedding quilt...and they will celebrate their 10th anniversary on August 22nd! It has not been in progress all that time. I actually only started it in January of this year. I will post photos of it when it's done. I am really proud of it--it is calla lilies in blocks done on point. My quilter can't get to it before August 18th, and I know I can't get the binding on before the 22nd, so as soon as I can after that, it will be finished.
I have several others that I have had patiently waiting to be finished too. One is a carpenter's star that I am almost done quilting myself. I just need to do the FMQ in the areas between the star/wheel pattern and then put on the binding. I have another of the exact same quilt (but different colors) that needs to be quilted and I will get to that as soon as the calla lily quilt and the other carpenter's star is done. Then I have a quilt with appliqued daisies all over it that has been waiting for a couple of years now... and the BOM from our LQS that my husband and I made one for each of our twin daughters needing to be quilted. Oh yeah, and there is the BOM from another LQS using reproduction fabrics that needs to have the blocks put together and then quilted... Those are the WIP's I have, and then there are a few others that are in the planning stages. None of this is new stuff for us quilters though. I do appreciate the challenge to get them done. And I will post photos as soon as each one gets done. :-D
Old 08-04-2009, 09:19 AM

This is one that I have been working on for my daughter, Alexandra. It's made out of flannels and she absolutely loves it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-15332.jpe
Views:	48
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	15332   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-15333.jpe
Views:	60
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	15333