Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What did you make this weekend? >

What did you make this weekend?

What did you make this weekend?

Old 11-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Suz

Had son and two grandchildren for several days AND my "Lucy" (Bernina) was not feel well and had to go to the hospital today. She recovered quickly once the operation was complete. She is home now and production starts again this evening.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:53 PM

Shopping at Joanne's. Cleaning house & started to put up Xmas deco. since after I have my eyelid surg Wed. it'll be a few days before I can do anything. Love decorating for Xmas especially. Have fun. Sue
Old 11-28-2011, 08:19 PM

Really really want to post a picture of what I did ... but can't figure out how! Help!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:26 PM

I am so excited that I finished another throw top this weekend for a family that is getting some quilts from me for Christmas. Each year I try to pick a needy family and make them blankets, quilts or whatever and this year it happens to be quilts. Have 1 on the long arm machine almost done as well and then have to get this one done too.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:28 PM

Worked with my 9 year old nephew to make and 'speed quilt' a quilt for his 4 year old brother. Had to be done by Sunday when I returned my nephew to his family. He sewed the top - a large 4 patch because it went together quickly. I rushed the quilting so much that I forgot to measure the length and width of the quilt until after I had it mounted on the quilting frame! My nephew reports that he can tell his little brother loves the quilt because 'when he likes something new, he carries it around, and he's carrying it around everywhere.'

My nephew and I are quite pleased with our work!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:34 PM

I'm working on sewing the label on the quilt I made for a friend who was deployed at the end of October to Afghanstan. I have not accomplished much this last week as I have been dealing with a sinus infection and cough. And the cough is not getting better, I just hope that it does not turn into pneumonia. My doctor already scorned me for not going earlier to see him and I don't want to see him to his "I told you so dance."
Old 11-28-2011, 11:42 PM

A big mess?? Lol. Put binding on 2 quilts and a table runner for Christmas!!
Old 11-29-2011, 04:19 AM

Default What I worked on during Thanksgiving

We had a pleasant dinner for 3 which left me energy to make sewing plans. I worked on a pattern named Fractions on a Roll which is so rewarding because the pattern includes the block sashing in each block. I used Stonehenge Fat Quarters I bought last year which have good color and edged with black. My daughter has claimed it for her own. In the evening I cut for a DP9 patch I-Spy style with black and white Japanese made fabric my other daughter gave me. Monday night I completed the Stonehenge and am so eager to get on sewing the nine patch. Even though each pattern had its math challenges I found them "brain resting" after pushing myself to learn new techniques all year because I could apply my learned skills. Come January I will begin again to push the envelop!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by LindaDeeter View Post
Really really want to post a picture of what I did ... but can't figure out how! Help!
Instead of quick reply, use go advanced, then you can scroll down to manage attachments. If you have picture saved on computer, use browse feature, find it, attach it. Good luck!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
Love those. Found the instructions on Nancy's Notions website.

http://www.nancysnotions.com/categor...mas+napkins.do
I made mine with half circles, however I have made the full circle ones before also.