Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More stolen quilts! >

More stolen quilts!

More stolen quilts!

Old 03-18-2012, 05:40 PM

I am often traveling with quilts AND musical instruments. It is well worth the extra hassle of unloading everything and reloading. We have also learned to watch out for each other during shows and always appreciate extra pairs of eyes of faithful quilters.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Banned

here is the update from Karen Combs...WARNING...when you see these quilts and discover what all was stolen it will break your heart and make you sick to your stomach! SO SAD!
http://karencombs.wordpress.com/2012...quilts-stolen/

This info has also been posted on lostquilt.com
Old 03-18-2012, 06:14 PM

certainly there is a limited market for these quilts, do they really profit at the heartbreak of those that worked so hard and take pride in their craft. The quilts are surely recognizable and must be difficult to sell
Old 03-18-2012, 07:05 PM

I wonder if someone is watching people that may be in quilt shows or somehow know they are teaching, etc. I hope they get caught by someone here on this board. Let them know quilters stick together.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by technomommie View Post
this goes without saying, but I hope you are looking for people trying to resell these quilts. I have seen quite a few people steal things just so they could turn around and make a quick buck.
This was my thought now. Why do they steal? Usually to resell. Who is going to buy such a quilt? It would have to be someone who appreciates such quilts.

They are gorgeous--but the typical meth addict doesn't know how to finish a quilt top or have friends who are willing to pay big bucks for such a quilt top or finished quilt, right? Which means WE need to be aware and alert to these being sold.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
here is the update from Karen Combs...WARNING...when you see these quilts and discover what all was stolen it will break your heart and make you sick to your stomach! SO SAD!
http://karencombs.wordpress.com/2012...quilts-stolen/

This info has also been posted on lostquilt.com
This is very, very heartbreaking and distressing. Those beautiful creations -- all gone. I would be numb with grief.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
This was my thought now. Why do they steal? Usually to resell. Who is going to buy such a quilt? It would have to be someone who appreciates such quilts.

They are gorgeous--but the typical meth addict doesn't know how to finish a quilt top or have friends who are willing to pay big bucks for such a quilt top or finished quilt, right? Which means WE need to be aware and alert to these being sold.
See, I honestly think they are not your normal druggies looking for quick cash...they are professionals looking for the REAL goods because they already have a buyer for them! They can't sell these on the street and they would not chance jail for a suitcase full of old clothes! They knew what was in there!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:56 AM

Even if you lock items in your trunk you should still lock your car. My niece had a nice laptop that she locked in the trunk and didn't lock her car. Thief tore out the back seat to get the laptop.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
See, I honestly think they are not your normal druggies looking for quick cash...they are professionals looking for the REAL goods because they already have a buyer for them! They can't sell these on the street and they would not chance jail for a suitcase full of old clothes! They knew what was in there!
Makes good sense.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post

I think you're selling the addicts short------------unfortunately, many of them have "normal" parents and families.