Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-25-2012, 09:59 PM

Janice, here's the spring on the bottom of my Mason "New Florence". HTH!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]344706[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]344707[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0040 (533x800).jpg
Views:	289
Size:	444.8 KB
ID:	344706   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0041 (533x800).jpg
Views:	301
Size:	470.7 KB
ID:	344707  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:04 AM

WHERE CAN A BOBBIN CASE GO????

I did the same thing yesterday. Only I held on to the case and the bobbin went rolling. I was at one side of sewing room and bobbin would have rolled out the door on the other side if there wasn't a little sill that kept it in the room. I was still holding on to the thread and followed it to the door. Lots of thread unrolled thats for sure. Just one of those days I guess.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post

I did the same thing yesterday. Only I held on to the case and the bobbin went rolling. I was at one side of sewing room and bobbin would have rolled out the door on the other side if there wasn't a little sill that kept it in the room. I was still holding on to the thread and followed it to the door. Lots of thread unrolled thats for sure. Just one of those days I guess.
they sure do their own thing
Old 06-26-2012, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Well, I FINISHED my nemesis machine, the Pfaff 332. It had countless issues when I got it. I had someone very familiar with this model tweak it and it still had problems. This machine has been loved HARD. It has many war wounds and love bites:> It was a big lesson to me to have patience and not force things. I forced the belt in it a little too hard and snap. There went $55. I had to completely remove the motor, resolder some connections, clean it. Then I had to remove the hook and do some adjustments. It finally sews a straight stitch and zig zag without problems now. Yippee! It's so heavy that it will kill me to take out of the house. But, dang it. I'm going to use it!
A very cool looking machine. Perserverence paid off!
Old 06-26-2012, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
well, I did my good deed for the day today. I found a singer treadle on craigslist with the sphinx decals for 50.00. One of my friends asked me to be on the lookout for a good deal, so I sent her a message about it and she wanted it. Drove 2 hours and picked it up for her...now I get to babysit it for a couple of weeks until she'll get to town to pick it up. Needs a little bit of TLC but still worth the price paid. Cleaning, bobbins, and a belt and she'll be good to go. My husband actually wondered why I didn't keep it for myself...

I did, however get an email from the goodwill auctions that I won an auction I forgot I even bid on. Got a 1927 Wilson White Rotary Machine in bent wood case for 5.00. Cant beat that!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]344678[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]344679[/ATTACH]
Jenn, sorry you couldn't get the lady to budge on the $185 machine but the one you won at Goodwill is beautiful. You are a wonderful friend to drive 2 hours to pick a machine up for your friend. PS: you must not have too many machines yet, if DH wonders why you didn't keep your friend's machine for yourself.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Jenn, sorry you couldn't get the lady to budge on the $185 machine but the one you won at Goodwill is beautiful. You are a wonderful friend to drive 2 hours to pick a machine up for your friend. PS: you must not have too many machines yet, if DH wonders why you didn't keep your friend's machine for yourself.
Well, I actually just met her this past week. She had a booth at Martha's sewing market and needed someone to babysit her booth while she taught a class, so I offered. We got to talking and I was telling her about my machines I've found so she told me to find her one at "my prices" lol. Believe me if she didn't buy this one I would have. I don't have a singer treadle, so it would have been a nice addition to my collection, but considering the number of machines I've bought in the last couple of weeks I need to get the ones I have cleaned up and out of the carport before I acquire any more, plus I have a couple of orders I need to get cracking on since babies are coming regardless of whether or not I have their nursery sets complete! I've got a few too many irons in the fire right now with various projects sewing and furniture restoration-wise, so I need to finish a couple before bringing more home. Besides, the lady I got this one from said she had more, and she's a military wife at the same base here, and I have something she wants so maybe we will work out a trade in the future I offered to help her identify what all she has still from her grandmother's house.

Mom will pick up the machine I won from Goodwill since its down the road from her house, and I'll get it from her next time I see her. Couldn't pass that up for 5.00, even if it isn't working..
Old 06-26-2012, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Janice, here's the spring on the bottom of my Mason "New Florence". HTH!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]344706[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]344707[/ATTACH]
Very similar to my Davis made Minnesota ~B~.

Joe
Old 06-26-2012, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post

Lucky you didn't have a cat handy to help you retrieve it. LOL

Joe
Old 06-26-2012, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
Well, I actually just met her this past week. She had a booth at Martha's sewing market and needed someone to babysit her booth while she taught a class, so I offered. We got to talking and I was telling her about my machines I've found so she told me to find her one at "my prices" lol. Believe me if she didn't buy this one I would have. I don't have a singer treadle, so it would have been a nice addition to my collection, but considering the number of machines I've bought in the last couple of weeks I need to get the ones I have cleaned up and out of the carport before I acquire any more, plus I have a couple of orders I need to get cracking on since babies are coming regardless of whether or not I have their nursery sets complete! I've got a few too many irons in the fire right now with various projects sewing and furniture restoration-wise, so I need to finish a couple before bringing more home. Besides, the lady I got this one from said she had more, and she's a military wife at the same base here, and I have something she wants so maybe we will work out a trade in the future I offered to help her identify what all she has still from her grandmother's house.

Mom will pick up the machine I won from Goodwill since its down the road from her house, and I'll get it from her next time I see her. Couldn't pass that up for 5.00, even if it isn't working..
Oh and she has been helpful in letting me pick her brain from a business standpoint too, so I am just happy to be able to return the favor
Old 06-26-2012, 06:27 AM

I have a machine just like it. However mine has issues. It looked perfect when I purchased it, but I never tried it out. My FW sews but it's like the feed dogs are too high up, and grabs the fabric but doesn't feed it through. Also my foot petal is hard to use. You have to just floor it, to get the motor to start turning. Could that be the motor needs cleaning, oiling, or attention? Maybe Joe could shine some light on my problem.

I'm sure happy for you. Your daughter will love this little machine, what ever her age may be. Congradulations on your suberb find.
Good Luck, Claudia