Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-15-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Anastasia - Happy you like your swap package. Do you post photos of your quilts (I'll have to go look, right after I view your u-tube shoe video)? I've never seen an Aunt Becky, but I watched a Nancy Zieman video of one being used. Sounds like a winner.

Oh my, when I posted the video I was doing it from memory and the person that originally showed me was a kid that was studying to be a preacher.. then I listened to it again after I posted and I was like.. Oh crap that's a lot of swearing, I hope I don't get the boot.. haha. Omg the kitties and these treats. I had the salmon flavored ones but these chicken ones are potent. They had the bag down today. So to keep the little one from eating my computer cords I was going to toss some treats across the rooom but fat boy came over too. so I shook some into each hand and she raced over to his and tried to still his, but I shoved her back over, so I think she literally inhaled 5 pieces in 1 second cause they were gone before he ate 2 pieces and I had to pin her down so he could eat his. She thinks she's starving anyways. Little brat.

Halfway through the book already. I find it very entertaining to see my donut next to my sewing machine. Looks like a snack waiting for me. And when you shove pins in it they look like sprinkles. hehe. It's endlessly amusing. To me anyways.

I haven't finished an actual quilt yet. I've only been really sewing for like 3 months.. well I guess I did a couple baby ones and I'm still slowly working on a top I'm going to donate but I have to find some more red tones that I like to finish another row. It's a four patch on point pattern and I hate the outside triangles on the block. Haven't yet found a good trick to line them up so they meet evenly at the top. I've been busy making a ton of baby stuff for all my friends' babies getting ready to pop out. After that I'll work on quilts for real. And hopefully never mention that I've ever made baby stuff ever again so I won't have to ever make any of it ever again.. hah. So I've never done any quilting, just tie-knotting so far. My mom has always hand quilted so it's what I know and have equipment for at the moment but I like to keep my fingers intact. Saw the video about the aunt becky and was like.. omg I have to have it. Can you tell I'm susceptible to infomercials? I have to find something else to do during commercials or I'll become a hoarder.

Also.. anyone that wants to.. I LOVE berries.. all kinds of berries.. you can unload them on me and if you want to make them into jam first, I'll take that too.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
I don't know how taking photos really solves the problem...I notice that many a time, you receive a PM that your package was received but they don't acknowledge it here on the thread. I think that's pretty sad....after sending a package and not even letting the rest of the players know that you received yours. Kinda makes you (the sender) feel like others are wondering if you sent anything at all, huh???
I have a solution for that also.... and if I have to will use it next time... When you mail the package you can check and see when it's delivered... okay let Lori know a day or so later that your package has been received by the person and you haven't heard from them... So then you tell everyone and post the pictures... Does that make sense...
Even a Private Message would be nice from the person... but not so far... this month...
Old 07-15-2012, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
omg i forgot the donut! i'm assuming its a pin cushion but it looks so real i almost gnawed on it. haha.. and sorry, I forgot how MUCH swearing was in that video *blush*
OMG was that video hilarious, made me think of Krystyna and her shoes... not the language though, she wouldn't use that... just to funny... LOL
Old 07-15-2012, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
I don't know how taking photos really solves the problem...I notice that many a time, you receive a PM that your package was received but they don't acknowledge it here on the thread. I think that's pretty sad....after sending a package and not even letting the rest of the players know that you received yours. Kinda makes you (the sender) feel like others are wondering if you sent anything at all, huh???
posting the pic yourself does solve the problem of pics not being posted. i know everyone hasn't learned how to post pics and some do not bother to. so i see nothing wrong with posting a pic of the packages we send out if our pals do not. if we post them ourselves, we do not add any pressure to our pals to post.

not sending pm's is another thing. that is a problem that lori can do something about by not letting the offenders play again.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:54 PM

Just like Ladybug said...once you know that there has been enough time for your pal to receive and to have thanked you and there is still nothing posted....THEN post yourself...we all know that half the fun of this is seeing what is received and getting new ideas and seeing things that might not be in our areas.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Oz & Lily View Post
WhooHoo....look what I had waiting for me today when I returned from Florida.....Thank you Stephanie (not for sure what your screen name is). I got lots of homemade goodies....love them....the cutest scottie dog (my real one is Lily), several bags (for shoes and such), a sewing machine cover with a thread catcher and pin cushion to match. Love Kaffe Fasset and got 2 nice pieces of his design fabric, sissors lock (LOVE this....no one will now use my sissors for anything but material!!), a needle case with needles, embroidery thread, note pad and a necklace. It is a great package with all the things I love. Thank you Stephanie!! Can't get my pic to load ;o( must be doing something wrong.....
I am so glad you liked it! I looked up your machine size to make the sewing machine cover; Please, I hope it fits!
Enjoy!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:42 PM

Wow had a lot of catching up to do. Let me say that there are so many wonderful packages coming in! Awesome! I know my SP received hers and I haven't received a pm at all. It is annoying though when you put your package with effort and not get a simple thank you. But oh well I love these swaps and the friends I've made here!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by k9dancer View Post
I am so glad you liked it! I looked up your machine size to make the sewing machine cover; Please, I hope it fits!
Enjoy!
ooh i would love to see that machine cover. was a pic posted?
Old 07-15-2012, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Wow had a lot of catching up to do. Let me say that there are so many wonderful packages coming in! Awesome! I know my SP received hers and I haven't received a pm at all. It is annoying though when you put your package with effort and not get a simple thank you. But oh well I love these swaps and the friends I've made here!
~ there's a lot of folks on vacation now so maybe you will get a pm later once your pal returns home.

~ to whomever is my secret pal (sender): i will be out of town for several days this week so if my package comes, you will not hear from me before next week. just so you know.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
OMG was that video hilarious, made me think of Krystyna and her shoes... not the language though, she wouldn't use that... just to funny... LOL
yea I didn't think so haha. Everytime someone says shoes I think "Oh.. my god... Shoes.." haha in that voice.