Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
starting on next christmas, anyone else? >

starting on next christmas, anyone else?

starting on next christmas, anyone else?

Old 01-01-2013, 05:18 AM

I wish I were thinking of gifts but right now I am thinking of the wedding dress I need to make by April. Now it would not be quite so worrisome if I were not going to have to resize the pattern completely. My daughter found this lovely vintage patterns she absolutely loves, and wants THAT dress. But its only 4 sizes too small. So first I have to remake the pattern pieces and get a test dress done, before I can even begin on the final dress. No pressue here : )

So Christmas is the very last thing on my mind.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Went to joanns with some gift cards today. Got a mess of fabs on sale plus 10% more off. Since im not sure of mynext project, and you know christmasis coming and you have to make these gifts anyway, is anyone starting now??????
It never seems to people that yes, its that time ofyear again, so i like to get a jump on it. Hot mitts,strata table runners, and emb. Napkins. Some cute polar fleecemittens and matching mittens. A quilt ortwo for the poor. Some scarves and hats also. Polarfleece atjoanns in the discount bin is $2.00/ yd today. Stock up now.
tell me what you're working on.
I started on 2013 Christmas last week. Its never too early. hehehe
Old 01-01-2013, 05:33 AM

I'm going to make 1 Christmas project each month then I won't be swamped come Nov in between I'll be doing a quilt for me, pillow cases and hats for Wounded Warriors. Should keep me busy. Happy New Year Everyone.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:44 AM

Nope, not me. I still have too many unfinished projects from this Christmas plus a few others. I had good intentions but with the meds I'm taking for newly diagnosed Eplipsys that makes me tired and my body ache and it makes me weak and then grandkids/family all got the flu and working overtime for 3 months prior to Christmas, I got behind. The only new things that I'll be working on in between catching up and finishing what I have going on is for my embroidery class. I take club each month to learn new things, I also have a class coming up that we'll create an organizer that holds my mouse, USB device, pen and tablet of paper that will get a lot of use taking my laptop to my other class. Which is learning more about 5D Pro, my new Diamond Deluxe and the newest part of 5D which is the Stitch Editor Plus. I have to keep learning so this is the only new projects that I'm allowing myself to do until the others are done and out of the way. Good luck on your early start. I think that is great that you can do it. The first project that I want to finish is my DGD 3D pinwheel quilt that I started making when she was about to be born and she's now 22mos so I'd like to finish it for her birthday in Feb. Happy New Years to all of you.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:51 AM

I've started crocheting scarves for next Christmas.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:56 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

LOL started right after Christmas : crocheting some blankets for the Grands, then looked over patterns for the quilts. Bought a few things from the stores that was 50-75 % off for the Grands. Teaching a 68 year old friend how to quilt so she can make a few baby quilts for her DGS for his bday and Christmas.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:38 AM

I was supposed to make lap quilts for my neices and nephew. With the sewing maching in the shop a good part of the summer, hurricane sandy (My neighbors had power in 2 days and it took another 6 days so no sewing) and then throw in a sprained wrist in Dec. I never got things done. I plan to work on 1 a month for the year and have them done for next Christmas.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:53 AM

I have already completed a couple of Christmas Towel--embroidered. (I didn't get hem done for this year!! )
Old 01-01-2013, 07:04 AM

Default Next Christmas

I am working on a Strata Star table topper. Not sure if it's going to be a gift to myself or for a retirement dinner. I don't like waiting until the last minute. That's what happened last year. Had projects started and then had emergency surgery. Slowed me down . Would like to do a couple of holiday quilts also. There are so many ideas out there that I'd like to make one of each but I know that's impossible. Besides I only have one table and a hutch. Both of my girls like to decorate their homes for all of the holidays. Keeps me pretty busy sometimes. Happy New Year......Pat
Old 01-01-2013, 08:22 AM

Am finishing up a small lap size Christmas quilt I started in December just to have something cheery to work on and use up a stash of random holiday fabric I don't even remember buying. I will hold it until next fall, then donate to a resale shop to benefit animal rescue.