Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Babylock Melody owners, how do you like them???? >

Babylock Melody owners, how do you like them????

Babylock Melody owners, how do you like them????

Old 03-26-2013, 12:06 PM

Default Babylock Melody owners, how do you like them????

I was in the market for a new sewing machine, wanted something that could do a better job on FMQ then my Singer ONE (beautiful machine, not for FMQ tho)....I was planning on choosing between a Bernina 350, which I was told would be too small, a Juki TL2010 and a Janome 6600.
I went to the Janome dealer, who also sells Babylock and he had a 6600, but suggested I try the Babylock. I used to have a Grace, which was an excellent machine, but again, not something that was ideal for quilting....gifted it to my MIL.

I didn't even get to the Janome, I came home with the Babylock Melody........I think I was sold on it the minute I saw the sideways stitching!

My only concern is the throat space is a little smaller then the Janome and Juki I was considering (bigger then the Bernina I think)

So just curious is anyone else has this machine and how do you like it?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

I have a different Baby Lock (Espire) and would not want to trade her. The needle-threader alone makes this machine worth its weight in gold. I use the cutter almost exclusively and LOVE it. The one thing I experienced with the throat and quilting is that I managed to push the motor speed to slow and wondered why things weren't moving. So keep an eye out for that.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:53 PM

I looked at the Melody but ended up with the Symphony. I absolutely love it! Like MadQuilter said the needle-threader and auto thread cutter are amazing! I think you will be very happy with your new machine!