Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Bruce Treadle Machine First Bunch of Pics >

Bruce Treadle Machine First Bunch of Pics

Bruce Treadle Machine First Bunch of Pics

Old 05-02-2013, 07:05 PM

Just got done looking on ISMACS at the Free manual. It is word for word identical to the Bruce Manual, even the font, illustrations and instructions on using attachments. Both manuals show Rockford, IL as the company location... mmmm. That gives me a place to start. Page 6 recommends applying kerosene or coal oil to all of the bearings in the head and running machine rapidly to dissolve gummed oil. I think I'll stick with the Tri-flow.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:17 AM

Newbie, can you take an angled front view photo of the treadle irons? I am not seeing the treadle wheel and pitman arm on your irons.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:18 PM

You bet! I'm headed over there for a bit in the morning to do some more ridding out, and I'll move it into the living room to get better pictures. And get rid of the spider webs under the cabinet while I'm at it. Spiders never used to bother me but I know of several people that have been bitten by fiddlebacks, so when I see webs now I go into "smash and backpedal" mode. Are the wheel and arms similar between manufacturers, or will I need the specific model to restore?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:51 AM

Caroline:
Finally got some pics I think will answer your question. The wheel is not there. I looked at the pieces of the manual page, and it shows the wheel, some type of cover that goes over the wheel that I think the pitman arm attaches to?

Old 05-24-2013, 05:36 AM

Your pictures did not post Newbie. I am thinking you may have to do some research and find a treadle cabinet that your machine head will fit into. It will likely be impossible to find the parts to fix the treadle irons.