Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:10 PM

Woohoo, three and a half yards of batiks. I AM going to wait to start my batik quilt.

I did manage to walk the dogs tonight, though it was very warm. I went to dinner with my oldest daughter today as usual on Tuesday. What was unusual that she had two of my GGDs along. Such a pair of charmers - they are 4 and 2. Dinner was at a decent fast food restaurant then off to the beach to use the playground equipment.

I'd rather post a positive picture than a negative one. Christmas afternoon my children who were here and I started going through old pictures. There was a picture of me in a red and black two piece. My son asked if the baby was L. "Yes." "That means that body had delivered 4 children. Holy shi-." His sisters reminded that was his mother he was admiring - he said he was aware of that. I wonder where that picture went. Nah, the sands have shifted and I wouldn't want to be quite that slim so I won't be posting that one. I'd be all wrinkled if I weighed 123 pounds now. I'd settle for a picture with a flat tummy. I am aware of the correlation between stress and cortisol causing a fat abdomen, but not a lot I can do about the stress at this point in time.

The saddest thing I keep running into is a woman so heavy she's flowing out of a wheelchair sitting just inside Walgreen's waiting for the Dial-a-ride bus. One time she was downing a 2 liter of root beer and the next using a pint on Haagen Daas ice cream like a push up eating the whole thing out of the carton. I sure don't want that picture on my fridge.

Pat, I cleaned a white paneled door today, too. I was in the front entry washing dog crates and I ended up doing the walls, door and floor, too. Nice to have a clean area, but am I stalling starting expanding that commissioned quilt? I will work on it a while tonight. An old saying in teaching remedial reading was, "Yard by yard, it's hard, but inch by inch, it's a cinch."

I am doing well eating during the day. It's just the hours between dinner and bed that I need to control - I don't go to bed at all early, either.

I AM losing weight and becoming healthier.
Judy
Old 07-16-2013, 07:57 PM

I bought a new swimsuit today. I did try on some 2 pieces - the ones with shorts type bottoms and a nice long top. Ended up buying a one piece that has a skirt. It is very comfortable. Now if we find a nice beach I will be set.
Tonight I made a stir fry trying to use up all the veggies in the fridge. Also had a nice fruit salad trying to use up the fruit. There are some grapes and blueberries left that I will put in baggies to eat on the plane. I'm very excited about this vacation. We rented a 4 bedroom/2 bathroom house so it should work out really well.
I went over to help my daughter tonight so she could pack. I got to give Miss Allie a bath. She is such a joy.
Time to get moving. Need to clean up my kitchen and finish packing.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]424319[/ATTACH]Just wanted to share a picture of the Fat Quarters I won for the month of June. Thank you everyone that participated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fat Qts I won in Weight loss challenge for June.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	424319  
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]424320[/ATTACH]This is a quilt I'm working on now. I just have a few blocks pinned to my curtain. I keep pinning them up and moving them around while I make more.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Quilt I'm working on now July 2013.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	424320  
Old 07-16-2013, 08:49 PM

Very pretty blocks. Are you going to use any of your new FQs? I like the happy floral in the right front.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:15 PM

I'm using some of the FQ's I won in March. The oranges were in that bunch. The purple with the flowers on the end is the one I sent in. haha I like bright, bold fabrics.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:32 AM

those are some pretty fabrics, I see mine in that purple bunch. Loving your brights, and the orange is awesome. Nice work Teddybear lady.
I need to throw in more exercise into my regiment, I think that may help. At least the DH is liking himself a bit. I wonder also if his weight loss is from the fact that he is on a soft foods/liquid diet. LOL
Old 07-17-2013, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]424319[/ATTACH]Just wanted to share a picture of the Fat Quarters I won for the month of June. Thank you everyone that participated.
Boy, wish I could remember which one I sent. They are all so pretty - and I am a purple person. Enjoy them!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:00 PM

Purple lovers: I finished one of my UFOs today. Yay!! It may have the worst corners I've done, but, by golly, it's finished.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post6182783
Old 07-17-2013, 04:53 PM

I've switched my breakfast up. I'm now eating oatmeal about 3 or 4 times a week. Usually have cereal or a bagel with cream cheese during the week. The oatmeal is keeping me full longer so it's easier to wait until lunch until I eat again.

Pretty purples! Yes, that's motivation to keep working on it this month.