Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone ever used the clover mini iron? >

Has anyone ever used the clover mini iron?

Has anyone ever used the clover mini iron?

Old 10-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

I really like mine, should work great for doll cloths.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:34 AM

Never used attachments just sits in a drawer taking up space.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bullock2us View Post
My mom does alot of doll clothes and barbie clothes making-thought maybe this would be a good Christmas gift for her so she didn't have to have her big iron out all the time. Has anyone used one? Is it worth buying the one with all the attachments? Any help I can get in making this decision I would appreciate-Thanks
Hi Bullock2us, Yes I have a clover mini iron and to be truthful it has somewhat of a limited use.It is great for apliqueing very small pieces because you have more control than with a bigger iron.Also a tip I got was that you can insert it into say a dbl leaf or heart to press out and sharpen out the the seams -- if you know what I mean!Mostly I use it for bonding small pieces to the background when making gift cards etc.I am glad I have it in other words and if your mom makes doll cothes it will be very useful. You are a thoughtful daughter to think of this gift anyway, Love Letty x
Old 10-20-2013, 09:44 AM

I had one, gave it away, it doesn't get hot enough to stick the butcher paper to the fabric and if you have more than one seam it doesn't work
Old 10-20-2013, 09:53 AM

I've had one for several years, so I would imagine it's not the"top of the line" -- no attachments. It does have an on/off switch on the cord which makes it convenient. I place it in a glass mug (actually a beer Stein) to prevent burns, falling to the floor, etc. The only thing I use it for is to give a press to seams when assembling blocks. It doesn't give as good a press as an iron, but it's good enough and then I press with the iron later. I have no complaints for the one I have.

Letty, I like your tip about getting into pieces to press out and sharpen seams. I'm making tiny garments for preemies and have a time getting good sharp seams. My fingers don't work as well as they used to on tiny things. I will try your hint.

Last edited by GailG; 10-20-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:07 AM

I have one and love it. I wish I had gone for broke when I got mine and purchased the one with the attachments. I use mine all the time for paper piecing, erasing the quilting lines after I have quilted and anywhere you need to iron a small area. I'm sure that she will love it.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:00 PM

I have the clover and the petite press. For me the petite press is a little more awkward and doesn't seem to get as hot as I'd like. The clover get really hot so I have to be careful to keep my fingers off the metal stem and be sure to place it in a jar or on a dish while not in use. I'm not sure if the newer clovers give more protection from the hot metal. I like the clover best!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:29 PM

I use mine for tacking fusible appliqué and in making clothes for 18" dolls. Works wonderfully
Old 10-20-2013, 12:53 PM

I had one and did not like it, I bought the travel Rowenta and really like that for small projects and going to classes.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:03 PM

My cord was attached on the left side of the iron and I'm right-handed so, when I ironed
the cord was always in the way. Plus, the cord kept falling out of the iron...VERY annoying!