Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ELECTRA Group >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ELECTRA Group

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ELECTRA Group

Old 10-23-2013, 08:10 PM

Received a wonderful block from nana Kathy today. Thank you so much
Old 10-24-2013, 03:59 PM

Received beautiful blocks from mollymunchkin and gaijin. They are perfect additions. I am so excited. I now have enough blocks to choose the smashing fabric from my stash. Thanks to all you wonderful swappers.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:52 PM

troy26 - received my block from you today. Thanks so much - I love the purple and it will work perfectly with the other blocks.
I show I am missing block from oldcatlady and createfourpaws. If this is wrong - please let me know!
I have sent all my grown ups home.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:32 PM

Received a beautiful block from gaijin. Thanks.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:21 AM

I mailed all the blocks out today. The postal clerk said all the out of country envelopes were less than 1 oz so he put a 1st class international stamp on it! 1st time that has happened to me. He said he was ignoring the 'bubble bump' on one end. I hope it doesn't have to pass through another clerk in the back who decides to send it back to me for more postage. It is so frustrating working with the post office some times.

Troy 26, I received your lovely block. Thank you so much. I will post a pic later this weekend.

The fabrics I sent out for this group were special to me and I was excited to see what you all would do with them. I am so amazed at all the beautiful blocks in some many different patterns and love the fabrics you added to mine. I would never have made such a great quilt on my own. Thank you all so much! I hope you love your blocks as much as I love mine
Old 10-28-2013, 02:53 PM

oldcatlady - received a beautiful block from you today. Thank you so much and the colors you used are wonderful.

That leaves me with only missing from createfourpaws. Not a rush from me so take your time if you need. I know you said you have had some challenges with family health right now. That's so much more important than a quilt block.
Thanks ladies for a great swap. You guys sent some great blocks! I will put up pictures once I get them all together in a quilt.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:17 PM

All my blocks have now been posted out......most of them went a few weeks ago.......and the last five went out today, those being - Quiltaddiction, mollymunchkin, ljdugas, Jaydee3 and createfourpaws.

A big thank you to everyone whose blocks I have received....I love them all. I am just waiting on a few.....awilson (side swap), missgigglewings (I see you mailed about the 10th, so it should be here soon), oldcatlady and Pink Lady.

Thanks ladies I have enjoyed this swap.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:35 PM

Troy26 your block is done and should be in the mail by the end of the week. I just have a couple more to complete and they all should be in the mail by Friday Will try to post pictures of some tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:37 AM

Hello everyone,
Yes I know I have been MIA Thank you Melinda for trying to help anyone who needed it and thanks for the updates to the groups.
I ended up with a massive infection in my shunt which almost caused me to loose my eyesight in my right eye. I was taken by ambulance to my local ER on October 5 and then transported out to my neurosurgeon in CT. I spent a week in ICU on very high dose antibiotics. They removed my old VP shunt on a Wednesday once I had been on the antibiotics for 3 days and then put a new one in on Friday with anti-microbial tubing so hopefully this does not happen again. I just returned to work on the 24th. I have some pain still from the tubing as it is larger than the normal tubing and it takes some getting used to Thankfully though my neurosurgeon saved my eyesight by putting in an LP drain bedside and draining the infected CSF and relieving the increased pressure on my optic nerves. I am headache free now and I can see. My right eye is still a little weak but it is getting there
Due to some rows I am unable to locate from a row robin I was in (I put them up for Hurricane Sandy and then had 5 brain surgeries so I can't get through all of the containers ) I have been informed I am no longer allowed to host swaps so sadly this will be the last Boomerang swap unless someone wants to host it until I am able to find the rows and get them home to their rightful owner (which I will do ). If anyone wants to please let me know, I hate to see this swap end because of my shortfalls.
Also please remember deadline is coming up soon, hopefully you are all almost done and happy
Huge Hugs
April
Old 10-29-2013, 06:07 AM

Welcome back...see http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...225484-80.html for my thoughts on this!