Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What Kind of Pillow Do You Sleep On? >

What Kind of Pillow Do You Sleep On?

What Kind of Pillow Do You Sleep On?

Old 10-30-2013, 03:08 PM

Dang, who knew. New pillows for me and mine from now on; no matter how many I have to buy and try out.....
Old 10-30-2013, 06:25 PM

I have 8 pillows and a raiser sometimes I use as many as 3 pillows on top of riser I have one of those pricey pillows with extra neck support but don't use it much I mostly have fiber fill pillows I scrunch and bunch maybe changing pillows during night I have never seen a water pillow sounds interesting I hated the buckwheat pillow gave it to a friend who loved it. You ladies got me think I may have to go to Jo anns and get a package of shredded foam and make my own pillow
Old 10-30-2013, 09:26 PM

I bought "the best pillow" or whatever it's called and after 3 nights sent it back---it is amazing, AS LONG AS YOU DON"T CHANGE POSITION...it's the same as any other pillow---fluff and stuff for each move.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:12 AM

I like to sleep on my side and require a higher pillow. I've tired down, feather, polyfill, buckwheat etc. and didn't like any of them. I ordered wool filled pillows two years ago and still love them. A little bit of the fluff went out a few months after getting them and I thought I was going to be disappointed but they have stayed great. The company said they can card the same wool and remake them again in about 7-10 years whenever I'd like to get them fluffy again. Whenever we go overnight anywhere I am reminded how luxurious my pillows are.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:30 AM

After years of buying pillows that eventually went flat I invested in Tempurpedic queen size pillows. WOW what a difference. Wouldn't go back to conventional pillows again. Great investment. Got the pillow covers as well.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:54 AM

Ours are down, and are washed periodically. We'd tried to replace them before and didn't like it - so went back to our favorites. I have neck problems and sometimes I have to sleep with a different set up. The last time I hurt my neck I was on pain meds and muscle relaxers and slept on a rolled up towel placed underneath my neck. Wow, that felt great! Occasionally will still sleep that way as it makes my neck feel so good. I can sleep that way even when laying on my side.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:45 AM

I have a memory foam pillow. It works great, but a bit stiff at first. Not comfortable if u are a stomach sleeper. My basset hound thinks it is his bed.