2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 02-19-2014, 10:04 AM

BTW...I just "Joined" this resolution but have done good so far this year. Made two (2) quilts in January from my stash and just need backing for one (1) of them. Started a red and white quilt from my stash and also have another one that is leaves that I've started for hand piecing. I'll have to figure a way to post them. So far the file is too big to post the pic. anyone have any ideas?
Old 02-19-2014, 11:55 AM

OK, I am in trouble. I did taxes for a friend and she came over last night with a gift certificate to my favorite QS. To add to the temptation I will be at the QS on Friday night for my monthly sew-in. Can I be good!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:21 PM

Anoka Quilter, yes you can be good. But understanding is something we do very well here. Gift certificate to a QS! Candy to a baby!
Hi D Dale and welcome. I'm not much help on posting pictures. But I sure enjoy looking at the wonderful creations that come through here. It feels good to use up stash doesn't it.
My rule of thumb for the last year has been, if I buy a kit or some new fabric I have to make something out of my stash of equal value. So, if I buy a kit, I will use that same pattern to shop from my stash. I have to bribe myself. Yeah, it's kinda weird but it seems to help me.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

Hi Dale, there are free resizing programs on the internet. Usually the instructions are pretty easy. You have to either change the picture size or the pixel size (I think) to decrease the file size. Resave with a different name so you don't overwrite the file.

Something I sometimes do is upload the pic in MS Paint and resize it. Have not always had luck with that method - but I'm sure the problem was sitting in the chair (not the PC).
Old 02-20-2014, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by D Dale View Post
BTW...I just "Joined" this resolution but have done good so far this year. Made two (2) quilts in January from my stash and just need backing for one (1) of them. Started a red and white quilt from my stash and also have another one that is leaves that I've started for hand piecing. I'll have to figure a way to post them. So far the file is too big to post the pic. anyone have any ideas?
Welcome! As far as posting pictures:
First do this:
Preparing (Resizing) Photos For Successful Upload and Viewing
then do this:
How to Upload (Post) Photos

P.S. went on a 'private' shop hop with my girlfriend. I'm not even going to tell you what I bought, but I was very, very, very (very) bad. But boy, did we have fun!!!

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 02-20-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:00 AM

Four "verys" Paper Princess? Sounds like a good trip...oh I'm such an enabler! Sounds like a good trip to me.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:52 AM

Went to big city yesterday. I did not buy any material. Looked. To be honest just bought 5 bottles vitamins and 2 pounds of cheese. Senior bus went in. 180 round trip. It gets me out of the house.

One lady was taking in her sewing machine for repair and it is same block at the quilt material store. Apparently it has closed. I have never bought material there. I tried to buy big needles for quilt tieing there and got told WE DO NO TIE QUILTS when I said thought sure they would have needles.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:13 AM

ok I am back. Stupid hospital took me and apparently my memory went with it. I had it, then its.. like gone on the very basics. Frustrating the heck out of me so please bare with me. I am trying.

I believe that if your gifted money that cant count right? its like a present and you don't want to say no to a present.
Two: I still haven't gone shopping so I am good. I think. I can't remember. oh boy. time to get over to the quilt box and check it out one more time. I know there is something to be done. argh pirates.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:51 AM

Elizabrat, give yourself grace. If they used anaesthesia, it can take awhile (okay, months) for them to work their way out of your system. They also affect memory...after all, who wants to remember those procedures? Let us know you're okay.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:02 AM

I was saved by the snow storm...I did not buy fabric. My LQS that I do the monthly sew-in called yesterday and cancelled the evening due to the snow storm we had in Minnesota the day before. The secondary roads were still really bad the next day due to the blowing and drifting. The gift certificate is safely tucked away. Maybe I will even forgot all about it by the time the next sew-in happens.

It is the 22nd of February and I have not bought any fabric since the first of the year.