Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete >

Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete

Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete

Old 03-24-2014, 03:39 AM

I think I'm finally able to move forward with my 30's reproduction Dear Jane after seeing photos of one at this site http://welshquilter.blogspot.com/200...s-fabrics.html I was stressing about getting so many background fabrics like the No Pain, No Jane. After seeing the one by welshquilter with fewer Jane blocks, white background and consistent alternate blocks, I feel like I can actually do this!
Old 03-24-2014, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by auntlucy View Post
I think I'm finally able to move forward with my 30's reproduction Dear Jane after seeing photos of one at this site http://welshquilter.blogspot.com/200...s-fabrics.html I was stressing about getting so many background fabrics like the No Pain, No Jane. After seeing the one by welshquilter with fewer Jane blocks, white background and consistent alternate blocks, I feel like I can actually do this!
Looked at Welsh quilter. A 30s Dear Jane would be great! Come join the fun.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:09 AM

Can anyone give a tutorial on posting your pictures of the blocks on the block chart? I tried it last weekend and I could not get it to work. My scanner will not reduce the pixels to 72-75 as the instructions for the software says. Mine will only go down to 150 so that might be my problem but I went into Microsoft Picture Gallery and reduced my pictures to the tiny size the software suggested but still no luck. I would appreciate any help on this matter. I might have to just resort to printing the chart and crossing off the ones I have completed but it would be nice to post my progress in the block chart. The time I spent working on this crazy chart I could of had another block made so I was disappointed I could not get it to work. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:07 AM

Kmeyer, I have not had any luck yet either, but not giving up. Wish someone was at my side, guiding me through it!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:45 AM

In Windows Picture Manager you can change the format of the picture. Set it to 40 x 40 pixels, save as mya1 or whatever block you made (lots of clicking before you're there where you have to save it!!) and you can insert the pictures into the block chart.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:23 AM

And if you do not have Windows Picture Manager, will Picasa work?
Old 03-24-2014, 11:00 AM

I have actually found that "Paint" works best. Go to resize under view. After you have set the pixel to 40x40 [the second 40 should come up automatically once you set the first parameter - don't worry if it comes up 38-41- no need to be exact], save as mya1 [or whatever block you have] as a jpg file. Be sure you have it in a location you can find. Mine sometimes ends up in a temporary folder with missing socks!! If you still have a problem, PM me, I will give you a phone number and walk you through it.

Sorry I haven't come on often. Will try to get pics of next weeks blocks taken and loaded.
Gus

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-24-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:15 AM

Love the pictures everyone is posting. Freaw are those reproduction prints you are useing love all the pinks.Wish I could find some pink reproduction prints. I started my Jane the third week of January i am trying to do one block a week. These are the blocks for January and February.[ATTACH=CONFIG]468803[/ATTACH]
I need to get busy with my blocks for March.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2260a.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	468803  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-24-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:13 PM

Thanks for the help with the block chart. I will give it another try.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:17 PM

Best of luck at your appointment.
Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
I have actually found that "Paint" works best. Go to resize under view. After you have set the pixel to 40x40 [the second 40 should come up automatically once you set the first parameter - don't worry if it comes up 38-41- no need to be exact], save as mya1 [or whatever block you have] as a jpg file. Be sure you have it in a location you can find. Mine sometimes ends up in a temporary folder with missing socks!! If you still have a problem, PM me, I will give you a phone number and walk you through it.

Sorry I haven't come on often. Will try to get pics of next weeks blocks taken and loaded. Have an appt with neuro surgery on Thursday.
Gus