Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Hancock's selling American Made brand >

Hancock's selling American Made brand

Hancock's selling American Made brand

Old 03-26-2014, 08:04 AM

Wow. Tough crowd.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:11 AM

I promptly went to Hancocks-Paducah and ordered several yards. I want to support them in this project, and from what I read, it IS All-American. I'll let you know about the quality.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by leighway View Post
I promptly went to Hancocks-Paducah and ordered several yards. I want to support them in this project, and from what I read, it IS All-American. I'll let you know about the quality.
I don't think anyone is doubting that it is made in America which covers a lot of territory from Canada to South America. If it is USA made why don't they just say so? Hmmm?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by GeeGee View Post
I don't think anyone is doubting that it is made in America which covers a lot of territory from Canada to South America. If it is USA made why don't they just say so? Hmmm?

It DOES. Unless South Carolina has moved to Canada or South America, it definitely states that it is made in the USA. Have you even bothered to look at the link that I posted?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
It doesn't say made in the USA it says made in America which could be South America.
American Made Brand solid fabrics. 100% made in America. Celebrating a Farm to Fabric Movement.
•100% American Grown Cotton. Marion, AR
•100% American Spun Yarn. Gaffney, SC
•100% American Woven cloth. Sumter, SC
•100% American Dyed Fabric. Sumter, SC
Old 03-27-2014, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I think we all want our products to be made here at home again. So, to begin that process, we all need to support this very brave group and order some of their product....this could be the start of a great movement......I am getting ready to place my order!
Yes! This above.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Skratchie View Post
It DOES. Unless South Carolina has moved to Canada or South America, it definitely states that it is made in the USA. Have you even bothered to look at the link that I posted?
Yes Skratchie, I had read your original post and checked the link. For your information, I always do research BEFORE posting a comment. It seems Hancocks-Paducah did a clever promotional ad. I also checked Clothworks web site and could not find anything promoting USA made or American made fabric.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:05 AM

Here is the link: http://americanmadebrand.com/ At the bottom, it shows that Clothworks is the parent company.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:39 PM

Hi! I work at Clothworks and would like to answer a few questions. American Made Brand Cotton Solids is in fact made totally in the USA. Grown on US farms, spun & woven in US mills. It was surprisingly difficult to accomplish this. When we first started asking for American-made goods to sell, we were shown fabric milled in the US, but the cotton was grown in United Arab Emirates! Or the cotton was grown here, but finished in South Korea. The process of setting up the manufacturing chain took over 2 years! That's one reason we are so proud to say that there is no cover-up or fine print with AMB Cotton Solids. They are made in the USA. We are rolling it onto bolts and shipping it out of our warehouse in Seattle, WA, where Clothworks has been in business for over 50 years. I hope you'll contact us through our website or facebook page if I didn't cover everything! Thank you so much for your interest in the product and for your support!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:38 AM

I read that they were considering doing prints as well in the near future
Pat