Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Need Advice on Powder Worm eBay Situation. >

Need Advice on Powder Worm eBay Situation.

Need Advice on Powder Worm eBay Situation.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:06 PM

So....you're keeping the machine and giving negative feedback?

CD in Oklahoma
Old 05-03-2014, 04:16 PM

Please bear in mind that since the seller did try to remedy the situation (offering partial refund or full refund, with return), if you leave Negative Feedback, the seller would be justified in also leaving negative feedback for you (for refusing to let him/her make it right). My advice would be to accept the partial refund and leave Neutral Feedback.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:35 PM

Sellers can't leave negative feedback only positive and should have offered round trip shipping return or negotiated on price so that buyer is happy.

Jon

Last edited by jlhmnj; 05-03-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
Sellers can't leave negative feedback only positive....
Jon
Yea. That’s the reason I haven’t used eBay for several years.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 05-03-2014, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
Yea. That’s the reason I haven’t used eBay for several years.

CD in Oklahoma
The playing field is in favor of the buyer and it's up to seller to make sure buyer is happy. I admire your website and I could also avoid ebay if I had a set up like that

Jon
Old 05-03-2014, 06:58 PM

The first picture does show worm damage if you know what you're looking at. I think more pictures showing the damage more clearly would have been better but it's hard to say the seller was intentionally deceptive about the extent of the damage.
With a winning bid that low you still got a great deal IMO.
I think you could build a reasonable approximation of the original base.
Rodney
Old 05-03-2014, 10:22 PM

Never would have know it was worms if not for comment here. I would have wondered how wood could rot like that. Seems seller is willing to try to fix the mess...and I'll bet he just might have learned something. YOU have the upper hand in the negotiations---use it-fairly.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:49 AM

Being a cabinet maker and wood worker's wife, I would have know immediately that something was wrong with the wood. The signs are pretty obvious. Again, I have been exposed to woodworking and wood all my adult life -- something like that might have been missed. I think, if you look at it from a legal standpoint (and I am NOT advocating litigation or court action at all) if the seller is a business person, he has a responsibility to know! Then again, some people are simply oblivious to what's right in front of them! I think you would be better served by taking a partial refund and being neutral as far as E-Bay is concerned!

Jeanette
Old 05-04-2014, 02:29 AM

A negative feedback can result in buyer blocking any more transactons, not that buyer is anywhere interested in anything seller might offer.
Buyer does have an option, a responsibility, to ask questions about condition before comsumating transaction.
Lessons that hurt are more deeply remembered. I plead with you to rethink the negative feedback. What else do you want from seller? And, then, have you asked for it?
l
Old 05-04-2014, 03:21 AM

I recently bought some fabric on ebay. The listing showed the correct fabric but, the seller sent a different yet similar one. Initial response from the seller was not good. He was "confused" about how I didn't like the fabric he sent, didn't want to pay me back for the shipping fees I had paid if I returned the fabric even tho he did acknowledged he sent a different fabric from the one pictured on the listing. I called ebay and talked to a rep there and she advised me to go into my file on that listing and mark that I was not accepting the sale....forget now exactly how that is done. But, it triggers a note to the seller that there is a problem and the note comes from ebay and if you were returning the item due to a seller error, the seller does not get their listing fees returned to them from the original sale. Within 2 hours, I had a note from the seller going on and on about why I contacted ebay and etc. but, he offered to accept the return, pay the shipping costs to return the material and he relented and returned the purchase price and shipping costs I had paid via paypal. I got the phone number for ebay by doing a google search for ebay customer service. so, that might be an option if you can't work something out with the seller so that you are satisfied.