Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wichita Row-by-Row >

Wichita Row-by-Row

Wichita Row-by-Row

Old 07-03-2014, 05:11 PM

The three shops I visit in Wichita are Hen Feathers - the staff is very friendly, Material Girls on Douglas (just west of the river) smaller store - but they have more modern fabrics and Picket Fence Quilt Co. on the west side (do not attempt to go around lunch time as there are several eating places in that little strip mall, parking will be impossible). I hope you enjoy your time in Kansas!
Old 07-04-2014, 09:02 PM

I am doing Row by Row and have two so far. I am headed out on a road trip tomorrow and will be stopping at a few more shops along the way. Before it ends I hope to have rows from at least 4 states that we will be visiting. The two rows that I have from two shops in Florida are fairly complex. It will be interesting to see what others have. I decided not to buy the kits as I wasn't sure how the different rows would coordinate with the fabric provided in the kits. Even if I never make the quilt it will be fun visiting the different shops and the thrill of the hunt.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
Even if I never make the quilt it will be fun visiting the different shops and the thrill of the hunt.
I agree with you. I have so many projects I need to make first that I doubt I'll make it, but we'll find a lot of great new shops. DD and I are hopping today. I want to get as many license plates as possible. I saw a pattern using the plates on the back of cars. That would make a really cute quilt for me. Oh well, I can hope I can find the time. It's exciting even thinking about it.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:16 AM

I got a row pattern and the kit that went with it at my LQS. I don't plan on getting any more since I have a lot of other projects to do this summer. I plan to make it a summer pillow since it had a beach theme, think sand and flipflops. I also bought a lisence plate kit and it is going to be made into a small zippered bag.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:00 AM

Hen Feathers is wonderful! Every time we go visit the Air Force son and his family, I plan a visit to Hen Feathers. Last time I was there, they were having a wonderful sale on all their fabric and even more off on the special room. If you get a chance, don't miss it!!!!
Old 07-05-2014, 04:19 AM

We are going to DeLand, FL this weekend where I'll pick up a pattern. Then we travel to PA, but it's normally eight hours a day on the road with stops only for meals/gas. So mostly, I will visit northwestern PA shops and southwestern NY shops. According to the rules, it began on July 1. There's a completed quilt contest that goes with the 'experience.'
I can understand the shops not wanting their pattern (which they designed) shared or sent by mail. It will be fun to see what each shop comes up with.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:27 AM
Power Poster

I have collected the license plates from four shops in GA. and would like to get at least one from each state. Don't think I'm going to do the row by row.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

I can understand some of the rules...not copying to share, but it sure would be nice to see what is offered at various shops and purchase them on line. Most people don't have the funds, time or ability to cruise around the country.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:08 AM

I lived in Wichita for 15 years and Hen Feathers is a very nice shop. My good friend works there.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:48 AM

Hen Feathers is a real neat shop