Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do your quilt scraps say about you? >

What do your quilt scraps say about you?

What do your quilt scraps say about you?

Old 01-14-2015, 09:14 PM

Mine says "toss me, toss me since you don't care for scrappy quilts". So true but I still have to save them since you just never know when you might some of it.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:20 AM

Mine is saying that I don't sew fast enough, or nearly often enough. I keep meaning to use my scraps, honest I do! But there is always a pattern that I want to make that isn't scrappy.....
Old 01-15-2015, 03:43 AM

ROFL, earthwalker, you've seen my colour pallet, "mad as a box of frogs" is a perfect description. May I borrow that to name my sewing room?
My scraps say I just never got over having to share that big box of crayons because I can't resist using them all (except grey). And that I should offer day trips for some obsessively organized quilters to come and play in my chaos.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:43 AM

My family would say I need counseling LOL But I would say my scraps and stash say I'm a happy and cheery person. I always see the silver lining in all the dark clouds.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:49 AM

mine says A DOGS BREAKFAST! lol need to get organized! {that will never happen} having too much fun
Gale
Old 01-15-2015, 04:15 AM

my modest but newly organized scrap bins might tell you that I am a careful quilter, I don't buy much fabric unless it is for a quilt I am working on... bright fun fabrics... not keen on browns or dark prints.

I am looking forward to trying a string quilt... if I can come up with enough scraps.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:25 AM

Mine say that my friends have figured out that I will use the scraps that they won't, so they pass them on to me for charity quilts! LOL! So, my scraps don't really reflect my tastes, but they do reflect my heart, and that's what is important!
Old 01-15-2015, 04:36 AM

I would have to say that my scrap hoard says I am whimsical and eclectic. Love warm, cozy colors or bright, sunny florals, smaller prints and nothing at all in the way of batiks!
Old 01-15-2015, 04:54 AM

I tend to lean more toward blues and cream or off white. I hoard fat quarters of almost all colors and just tell myself that someday I'll make something out of them. So far I must believe me...they are still here!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 04:59 AM

My scraps say I like a little of everything. I probably have more bright colors, but I also have a nice variety of calm colors. My scraps also say I like things neat and tidy and organized because they are all in neatly labeled bins of a variety of strips and squares.