Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do your quilt scraps say about you? >

What do your quilt scraps say about you?

What do your quilt scraps say about you?

Old 01-15-2015, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

Mine says I have made lots of quilts. Which I have, make at least 12 per year. I have lots of colors and lots of florals and prints. I love almost all colors and love florals and girly colors. I use lots of browns, greens,golds and tans.
I have made lots of scrappy quilts and decided I really like them. I consider all colors and prints, florals go together just like flowers in a garden.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:12 AM

My scraps say I'm impulsive! I see it. I like it. I buy it! and so it goes.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:16 AM

My scraps say I like light, cheerful colors. That's a result of living in Seattle for 18+ years. Not fond of browns or greens. Mom said green is a restful color. I guess she needed rest. The car was green, the inside of the house was painted green, the outside was green. So my colors in quilts reflect that I like cheerful colors...brights are good!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:34 AM

My scraps say that I don't save the little bitty pieces, I love the any shade of the color blue and I don't discriminate between prints or solids.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:08 AM

I am a hoarder, I love Batiks - especially the purple family. I like civil war fabrics almost as much as Batiks and florals next. I tend to make traditional blocks, but like to applique a little too. I am obsessed with scrap quilts, but my scraps jus grow and grow. All in all I love scraps.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:16 AM

my stash is very colorfull with lots of prints for babies,but very disorgenist.and that I am a horder.just dont get anuff time to sew. love this thread.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:46 AM

My scraps tell me that I am a classic. I love traditional colors and patterns. I have nearly no modern prints or colors. I have black background, florals, reds, purples, greens, browns, blues, too many pinks and lots of white on white but no turquoise/brown/mustard yellow or gray/yellow prints. I leave those to others. I have a number of long lengths of large floral prints that I inherited and I never use. Just need to jump out there and use them for backing I guess.

I love the peacock colors and often use purple as a sashing. I am almost exclusively a scrappy quilter so I can be oh, so traditional then toss in a little of those gem tones for "pop"!
Old 01-15-2015, 08:10 AM

HmmmmmHmmmm...interesting! It would seem that greens and blues are most prevalent among my scraps followed closely by neutrals like camel,tan,off white,white,various shades of brown, greys with a distinct absence of black. Also noted, a reasonable showing of yellows, oranges and pinks with a visible omission of reds. Yet, all together there is a brightness in shades and pleasing to the eye. I, also, observed there to be plaids, small prints, checks, small florals......again...HmmmmmHmmmm.....interesting. So.....someone else will have to analyze what that says about me.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:27 AM

Most of my scraps get cut into small squares to make 3" pinwheels. I looked into my plastic shoe box and anything goes. Lots of traditional small florals, brights, solids and tone on tone. Gray is starting to show up and that's new for me. But most of all, my scrap box says I never turn down scraps.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:31 AM

My scraps drawer says two things about me.

1) I have a different definition of 'scraps' than most folk,
2) I have selective memory!

For me, anything bigger than 2.5 inch square is NOT a scrap - it's a 'hexie-in-waiting'.

And I discovered when I was pulling strings this week for the mystery train ride, that I have the most quantity and variety in black colours, but I can't remember including black in any quilts! I must have tho, cos I recognise all the fabrics......