Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/22 to 5/25 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/22 to 5/25

Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/22 to 5/25

Old 05-24-2015, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Working on making these little quilts (12"x18") and the turning them into Bible bags:
Beautiful choice of colors for your quilts. Love batiks! Yours are so pretty.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:57 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Macybaby: Here are some pictures from the Conservatory at Como Park. My camera phone didn't capture the beauty on this cloudy day.
There is a Japanese Garden outside also.

Connie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]520493[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520494[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]520495[/ATTACH]

Thanks for showing the pics. Used to have a monthly two-day set of meetings in St Paul, and often would skip one of the set and go to the conservatory, especially in May and June, just for the joy of seeing green things agsin.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:32 AM

I got the borders onto my sampler quilt top and have moved on to putting blocks together for the next!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	final top.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	520559   Click image for larger version

Name:	burgoyne block.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	520560  
Old 05-24-2015, 08:35 AM

While recovering from a torn muscle in my ribs, I am not moving much, so I spent yesterday working on joining the blocks on my current QAG. I wanted a really bright quilt to use as a winter bedspread on my bed. I have big problems with SAD (seasonal affective disorder) so I like to keep my home colorful and cheerful in the winter so this one is going to be bright, which is the exact effect I am working for. Here is the first section I have finished. Each block is 12"x12". The photo does not show the actually really bright colors, but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	520562  
Old 05-24-2015, 09:40 AM

Both gorgeous! I love batiks.

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Working on making these little quilts (12"x18") and the turning them into Bible bags:
Old 05-24-2015, 09:41 AM

I really love this quilt! I wasn't a fan of orange myself, until recently. Now I have found that I really love it. Funny how our tastes change over time!

Originally Posted by cindi View Post
I'm getting ready to load this ugly quilt on the frame.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520382[/ATTACH]

It's a UFO from 2011 that I'm still shaking my head about. Orange is the LAST choice on my color wheel, and these fabrics must've jumped in my cart when I wasn't looking. Gonna use it to practice some new LA designs. If it's true that sometimes "the quilting makes the quilt", it's the only hope this poor thing has. I'm just going to relax and have fun quilting it since I know it won't go to anyone!
Old 05-24-2015, 09:43 AM

These are great blocks! I'm sure he will love it.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I have been asked to make a graduation quilt for a young high school valedictorian, in the colors of the college he is going to. It's for his dorm room. I'm not wild about the school colors, but in the disappearing hour glass pattern they look great! Here are some of my first ones. The little one was a 'tester'... will work it into the back. There will also be black in this quilt.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:44 AM

Gorgeous!!!

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I'm ready to play! Just got the garden tilled up and I'll start laying out rows and planting tomorrow. Recently someone posted a two color quilted on the Picture forum that I fell in love with - so I started working on that this AM. I'm doing it a bit different - mine should finish out about 24" square.

Here are a couple of "in progress" pictures.

I also want to get a quilt loaded on the long arm. I've only completed one quilt since getting the new machine. I was going to put this one on - but I just ordered the Pro-Stitcher and I think this would be a good one to practice with that

- So I think this one will go on instead. I've got quite a few tops ready to quilt. BTW - this picture was taken before I put the boarder on. I really like the butterflies so I know I'd enjoy working with it.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:45 AM

Blue & white, one of my favorite color combos!

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
I had a productive day yesterday. Got one quilt off the longarm, pieced a backing for the next one, finished up a little baby quilt top from the remains of a fabric line (3rd quilt from the FQ I bought of this fabric, and I think I can finally say DONE). And I put together some blocks for a panel I want to finish up for donation. Now I'm off to work, and when I get home I plan to attach the binding to a quilt, and maybe load a new one on the longarm.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]520437[/ATTACH]
Old 05-24-2015, 09:46 AM

This is a really neat quilt. The contrast makes it spectacular. You're right, it really does look like lace!

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Krista - I love those colors! Makes me want to go dig out some blues and play!

I haven't made it out to the garden yet, was having too much fun sewing. It's normally for me to get my garden in late (like first week of June) and it always seems to do fine anyway.

Here is my mini-quilt. I love how it looks like wide lace laying over the top of dark fabric. I won't do anything more with it until I decide what it's going to become - it may just end up as a cabinet runner.