Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hubby just bought me a Husqvarna Diamond Royale >

Hubby just bought me a Husqvarna Diamond Royale

Hubby just bought me a Husqvarna Diamond Royale

Old 06-03-2015, 06:55 PM

I have a HV embroidery/sewing machine. I love it. I lost a D-1 in a tornado 2 years ago and replaced it. HV are not too popular here were I live but really like mine.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:28 PM

I go periodically to classes in a shop where they sell husquvana machines . We don't take our own machines they have machines available and set up. I have found them easy to use and great stitching and control. I've used different ones and enjoyed my day and had excellent results. Doing a new project as well as using an unfamiliar machine.

if I hadn't got a bernina sure would buy one of these.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Pam B View Post
...if DH or I plan to purchase anything over $1000, we always discuss it first.
Same here, but we limit our individual spending to about $100, but we always tell the other one to go ahead and spend. The reason behind our talking it over first, is because we are on a limited income, and we try to use cash to pay for anything we get.

Callen, Congratulations.....enjoy your new "toy"! I don't have the HV brand machines (Brother devotee here), but I know people who have the HV machines, and they LOVE them....like someone else said, just play to your heart's content! It's wonderful your hubby supports you like he does.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:20 AM

I have the Diamond Royale and just love it. I find the HVs to be very user friendly. I have five Vikings and wouldn't trade them for all tea in China. Take the classes that are offered, and you will be a pro in no time. I use mine exclusively for embroidery, since I have the Diamond, the SE, and a D1 that I use for regular sewing. The new thread sensor system on it makes for wonderful embroidery with the specialty threads.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:03 AM

YEAH!!!!! I agree with nann of 6... 1,0000%. I have one and LUV! It. The thread sensor system is awesome! I have sliver embrodiery thread, smooth and shiny. It's the first Viking I have been able to use it with. Yes..yes ...yes take all the classes you can or they offer. I also attend events that are given by. Husqvarna educator, you will learn a lot. I luv being able to sew without taking off the embroidery arm.

P.S. I too, have also always owned , and still own several, Husqvarna machines and just love them. However...I also believe we sewers are very fortunate people....as whatever brand you use these days They are great machines that do amazing things!
Old 06-04-2015, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by callen View Post
As the title suggests, my DH just bought me a Husqvarna Diamond Royale Sewing/Embroidery Machine. I was looking at the Bernina 830 but the closest dealer is several hundred miles away. The Husqvarna dealer is only an hour drive so I did the Math & chose the Husqvarna. Boy, it is SOME machine. Any QB members that have this machine, could you offer me some advise as to what to watch for & did you find it easy to work with etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I have the "Ruby Royale" and absolutely love it (this is my second Husqvarna). It's wonderful when hubbies support you..Try u-tube for videos and tips..Oh and the manuals offer a lot of info too.. so excited for you!
Old 06-04-2015, 03:44 AM

I have the older diamond. Love it....and my other husqvarna's too!!! I use mine for sewing and embroidery. FMQ will be so much better on your new machine. Enjoy.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:21 AM

I have two Viking machines, both from 1977. One I have had since it was new and the other I got from a friend who went into a nursing home. Both have sewn miles and miles and are still going strong.

My husband surprised me with the new top of the line model Viking back in 1977. He arranged for me to go to the dealer and pick out the color I wanted as it came in red and white. I chose the white. I cherish that machine because of the sacrifices my husband made so I could have it. We were a single income family with small children and I know he had been planning and squiring money away for some time. I was using a straight stitch Kenmore machine that had been my mother's from the the mid 50's. His thoughtfulness still brings tears to my eyes 38 years later. My friend's is red so now I have one of each color. I keep one at my winter home and the other at the summer home.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
As hard as it may be for some to believe - there are some one-income families still around.

Also, there may be other household priorities -
I was just curious thinking there were two trips involved, one to choose and one for the spouse to come pay for it.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:55 AM

DH loved HQ chain saws and log equipment, so he always thought a HQ sewing machine was A-Okay. Never had one, but several friends did and they never seemed to have problems with them.

Re. the comment on her husband making the purchase, my DH and I always consult on big purchases. It saves us both from making costly impulse purchases which may not be wise. Also a good excuse to use on pushy sales people. LOL Besides he's my best friend, is smart and has good advise and also is always excited for me to get something I love. We make a good team.