Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
List of quilting items >

List of quilting items

List of quilting items

Old 09-21-2015, 10:44 AM

Smile List of quilting items

Need the list of items to bring either to a quilting bee or weekend retreat. I know I saved it somewhere, however I cannot find it. Thanks
Old 09-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

i saved thimblebug's post to my QBblog for reference
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/g...st-b11684.html
and there are additional comments here http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/g....html#comments
hope that helps
Old 09-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

Different ( venues) have different needs/ requirements. I would contact the bee/ retreat to see what they tell you to bring. The basics are machine, thread, wound bobbins, scissors, cutter, mat & rulers, marking pencil. Iron, pressing pad. Some will need specific notions, pattern, fabrics, etc.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:48 PM

The last retreat i attended, had Bernina chairs. I love their machines . . .but their chairs kill my back. If you have a good comfortable task chair, I'd bring that.

I'm going to one in October and will also bring my portable adjustable height table so I can set up my own ironing/cutting station and am considering ordering another for my AccuQuilt Studio and bring along some dies to share.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

Just think of all the accessories you have around when you are quilting. This is the only time I use my little iron and ironing board.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:01 AM

I want to thank whomever posted the list in the first place, I'm going to use some of the list as a game for a guild Christmas party. The prize is going to be a basket full of things brought by the member their self from their sewing rooms that they didn't use nor want and bought on a whim in other words a white sewing elephant. We will also have an ugly fat quarter contest, prize being the fat quarters. I could use some other prize ideas.