Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-09-2015, 06:06 AM

I love messing with old machines, so I would say "of course!" it's worth fiddling with!

It looks like a nice machine, I'm fond of blue painted machines. I have a couple Japanese ZZ machines from roughly the same era as yours and they're good solid workhorses - some of them have stronger motors than a comparable Singer does, as well. If you can sort out this machine's issues, I think you will like it very much!
Old 10-09-2015, 07:47 AM

Thanks Cari!!!! I changed the needle like you said - It sews PERFECT!! I'm in love!! Thanks everyone. If anyone has any more info on it I would really appreciate it.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Banned

Great! Glad I could help.

Cari
Old 10-09-2015, 08:06 PM

Lightbulb Bra talk -

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
I have been working on the old house and we have got the painting done so catching up on the chat here and noticed the thread again on bra making. I have been married for 45 years to the same wonderful women and I have made her many formals and even bras thru the years so no problem here. All though bras can be a challenge depending on rather it will lift for formal ware are regular wear. Sometimes I even but stays in them or wires to support. They can be hard to make.
Bra talk - I had a few bad days - Then the Bra talk came - made my day! Loved it all! Sometimes seeing or reading something out side of what your world is the best thing.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:24 PM

Thank you folks for the comments on this thread! Yesterday I reintroduced a young'un to sewing and sent home one of my herd. Over and over I found myself saying how useful a forum like this is to someone with a dream and a good machine. My old Riccar 9700 will be making bow ties and costumes at the new home. Someone with a dream, a good head about them and skills will be selling high quality materials stitched with love.

What you do to support others? Priceless!!! Manny, love Ricky the Riccar and keep on sewing!!
Old 10-12-2015, 02:31 PM

Hi and I am looking for advice. I have a white featherweight, I believe it was born in 1964 and in great shape. I am going to be selling it and wonder if anyone can give me an idea of what I should list it for and of course I would make shipping a separate charge. What is a fair amount to ask?
Old 10-13-2015, 07:12 AM

Hi to all! I have recently purchased a Featherweight and wondered how you know when it "was born". I am totally in love with this little machine!!!!!
Old 10-17-2015, 10:00 PM

Today my husband and I, and the Singer 66-16, went up into the foothills of the Sierra Nevada and met up with a vintage sewing machine fan up there. She'd let the neighbor sew on some of her herd, which has every cool Singer except 66 and maybe 15, and the neighbor had fallen in love with VSMs too. So "Seabrook" the Singer is not Seabrook any more but will get a new (and almost certainly cooler) name in its new home. That Craigslist sewing basket also kept on giving, there were enough scissors in that one that I was able to send vintage scissors, shears, and pinkers along with the attachments and buttonholer that were why I bought the basket! Like a starter for friendship bread that basket was.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by patski View Post
Hi and I am looking for advice. I have a white featherweight, I believe it was born in 1964 and in great shape. I am going to be selling it and wonder if anyone can give me an idea of what I should list it for and of course I would make shipping a separate charge. What is a fair amount to ask?
about $20 and you can let my sister pick it up for me...
Old 10-18-2015, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
about $20 and you can let my sister pick it up for me...
Oh Miriam...