Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend 1/29-1/31/16 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend 1/29-1/31/16

Virtual Quilting Weekend 1/29-1/31/16

Old 01-30-2016, 01:16 PM

Giquit understand about getting sidetracked, looked at the memory quilt, and just wasn't in the mood to work on it. So continued to make HST for coasters to match the table runner I did last retreat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]541520[/ATTACH]
Next to work on the 365 blocks I need to make.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1454188465920396326380.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	804.9 KB
ID:	541520  
Old 01-30-2016, 02:42 PM

Luckily I have been able to keep up my 365 challenge. Month one done will post tomorrow. Finished top for Frienship quilt. Get to pass it on for quilting and binding. [ATTACH=CONFIG]541527[/ATTACH]Picture at an odd angle.

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	845.1 KB
ID:	541527  
Old 01-30-2016, 02:52 PM

lyndaj, I just love your pic of the brown puppy, SOOOO Cute!!! Can you tell I love puppies?

Like so many of you have mentioned, I also have distractions in my sewing room. I want to work on a project, but I have to plan or work on other projects 1st, due to deadlines.

I like the progress everyone is making. Pics looks so pretty.

My UFO doll quilt: I have my 8" blocks sewn into 16" blocks and pinned in rows. Now I need to sew them and iron the piece. Then I need to sew the 8" blocks for the top row. Then I can start on the doll application roll portion of the quilt. I will post pics of the bottom portion later tonight. At least I'm making progress on this quilt top.
Beside doing this I have decided to wash 6 quilt tops and dry them outside on my deck. It was such a nice partly cloudy 50+F, slight breezy day. The quilts just cried to be cleaned.
Time to take a break and fix dinner. Enjoy sewing everyone.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

I don't know why I have never popped in a VQW before. I've been missing out! Such great projects everyone is working on. DebraK that star quilt is fabulous!

I am working on UFO's. I am trying my first piped binding on Agave Garden. The piping and binding are sewn on to the quilt and I only had to rip and redo 4 small areas. Now I will spend the next few weeks worth of evening hand work time sewing it to the back. I made the backing for my LC clam shell quilt and have started marking the border design for it. I can't wait to get that one on the rack but I have at least 2 to 3 hours of marking.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:25 PM

Progress so far, doesn't look like much but I did get a lot of stairs in today. My iron is in the basement!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]541529[/ATTACH]

This is what I have been avoiding today.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]541531[/ATTACH]
Sorry for the size of the pictures, working with the kindle fire.

Name:	1454196027998-706362205.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	792.2 KB
ID:	541529   Click image for larger version

Name:	1454196189924-677247872.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	541531  
Old 01-30-2016, 03:27 PM

I have joined you this time. I haven't worked on quilts since last March when my husband died. I have missed it. I started a new block of the month yesterday, and finished January and February blocks. Today I cut pieces for another block of the month that my son gave me for Christmas. I have tha December and January blocks here. My goal is to finish them by Monday. He called to say the February block is on its way, so I need to hurry and catch up. It is fun getting the block in the mail each month. It's like Christmas all through the year. I will give him the quilt when it's complete. The other BOM is from my local quilt shop. I will post some pictures later.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer View Post
I have joined you this time. I haven't worked on quilts since last March when my husband died. I have missed it. I started a new block of the month yesterday, and finished January and February blocks. Today I cut pieces for another block of the month that my son gave me for Christmas. I have tha December and January blocks here. My goal is to finish them by Monday. He called to say the February block is on its way, so I need to hurry and catch up. It is fun getting the block in the mail each month. It's like Christmas all through the year. I will give him the quilt when it's complete. The other BOM is from my local quilt shop. I will post some pictures later.

I'm so sorry about your DH. You must miss him so much. Sounds like your son is a keeper!
Old 01-30-2016, 05:45 PM

I'm hoping to finish up a carpenter's wheel this weekend. I just finished squaring it up and it just needs binding. My house being small, the only place with enough elbow room square it up is on my kitchen floor. My dog insists on helping me by laying on the quilt and anchoring it to the floor. Oh and the occasional doggy kisses for encouragement are also included in his services.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:40 PM

Ok it's Sat evening so I'm getting in on this a little late, but better late than never right?

I've been quilting on my mom's quilt that will be for her 80th birthday in April. The center is 3/4 finished and that's all I can do for today. I do as much as I can and then need to rest my shoulder. I'm excited it's coming along. I'd post the pic but I posted it and asked for advice a bit ago so I'm sure it would be redundant. It's a D4P with roses.

I've also been working on fixing the backing on a quilt where I put machine appliqued leaves several years ago. They started coming apart so I am applying bias tape to the edges where they are fraying. When I made this I new nothing about fusible and I think I left the iron on too long so they aren't holding all that well. Otherwise the quilt is in great shape so I'd like to keep it around a little longer so it's worth the time I need to put in to fix it. I just bought more bias tape and got the wrong kind so on to the the other project...
This one I'm working on is an EPP that frames an embroidered block. I can do hand work and still rest my shoulder so moving forward.

Glad to see all your gorgeous projects. So much inspiration here. I can't wait to start something new!
Old 01-30-2016, 06:54 PM

Machine stitching done for the day, now it's time to sit with DH and do some hand stitching on my GFG this is a long term WIP. I figure it will take me about another 18 months. Found I missed a couple of blocks that I did finish today will show pictures tomorrow. Enjoyed a nice steak dinner tonight the weather was dry but cloudy and upper 30's good grilling weather.

Every one looks like they are doing great! Quiltngolfer great to see you quilting again!