Obsessions

Old 11-10-2016, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Reba'squilts View Post
I like the tiny little address books. I found one at Joanns a couple of years ago for my husband to keep his passwords in. It worked out so well for him that I thought I would get one for myself. They did not have any left , have never seen one since! I am on a quest to find another. I know...there are programs for this, but I like to have some things written down even if the book has to live in the safe!!
Go to www.amazon.com ....they have them.

One year for Christmas I bought several wool suits from a thrift store for $2.99 each (!), took them home, threw them in the washer and felted them, cut them a little larger than one of these books I purchased from Amazon and made real wool covers for them. .....but, instead of doing traditional covers that can be removed, I glued them on because since the wool was felted I didn't have to worry about the edges raveling. In the lower right corner I stitched on the label from the original suit.

The rest of the wool I use for other projects like penny candle mats.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:33 PM

My obsession seems to be kitchen hand towels. Not terry cloth but the others. I cannot pass them up and I am always looking at them in all the stores. I just have them and don't use them. Crazy!!!!
Old 11-10-2016, 05:18 PM

Quilt patterns, I won't live long enough to make them all. Funny you should mention pretty notebooks as I was looking at them while I waited in line today. I could weaken and buy them in a heartbeat. Vintage Pyrex mixing bowls. I have to tell myself "no more" and walk away.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:36 AM

Ahhh, notebooks! And mechanical pencils! These are my obsessions. Also fabric (sigh)....
Old 11-11-2016, 06:51 AM

FABRIC, patterns and books LOL Time to purge big time after the holidays..............not fabric, just the latter, ha, ha.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:00 AM

Oh boy one of my favorite subject's I love little fat notebooks have one at each sitting place in the house And PJ's love,love picking them up they don't have to suit no one but me and I love to feel of the material they are made of ,,,And honey Boxes Love those also I have hat boxes,a straw box etc.And I can't stop feeling of material shoot I could go on and on ,,,Blessings
Old 11-11-2016, 07:51 AM

I have around 10 of the Lil Fat Notebooks that I've purchased over the years. The pages in every single one is completely blank! Made myself quit buying them.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:29 AM

I am guilty of collecting all of the above. Do I use them? No. I just like to see them on my shelves.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:43 AM

I'm also a basket lover...have a few Longaberger and several Peterboro and other miscellaneous. I also love to keep those tins that anything comes in.....candy tins, popcorn tins, etc. Once it's empty......I'm washing it out and finding something to put in it. Quilters have lots of needs for baskets and tins don't you think? .....needles, threads, travel kits, pigma pens, colored pencils, hexies, templates, pins...and on and on! They also serve as a little memory of past gifts and precious loved ones.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:27 AM

Anything turquoise!