Dial n' Sew

Old 11-25-2016, 10:31 AM

Rhumba,
Is there any chance I could get a copy of the manual?
Thanks
Old 11-25-2016, 12:19 PM

Is there any chance of getting a copy of that manual? I would be glad to pay you for your time and materials to copy it.
Thanks,
Cheryl
Old 11-25-2016, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
Dina, friends like that really aren't needed....I'd have gone straight to her and gotten it back. My MIL made the mistake several years back of lending her FW to her niece....when we finally got it back almost a year later (I had to go get it for her) we learned she had dropped it off the table and there was damage! She tried to hide the fact....I made sure she paid all repairs as we went right to the local repair shop together. I took the invoice, she got the bill....grrr! I picked it up upon completion. I do not lend anything out, period...just not worth the aggravation!
I agree. I don't loan anything out. No one uses my sewing machines, no one drives my cars.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by MrsM View Post
I finally got it out. The motor ran but the needle wouldn't go up and down. I also couldn't lower the presser foot. So it was retired to the garage.
I am sure it needs a tuneup. Probably hasn't been used for a while. Sometimes you can free up a gummed up machine where the oil has hardened from lack of use by heating it up with a hair dryer. I wouldn't use more oil before it is serviced.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
It looks like one I bought in 1971. I loved it. I bought it at Sears, but I don't recall what it was...maybe a Kenmore? Did Kenmore make sewing machines? I lent it to a friend who figured since I had a new machine, she could just keep it. (This was in 1985.) I sure wish I had it back. It was just a workhorse.

Dina
Yep, Kenmore did "make" machines--actually I think they branded a machine made by New Home (aka Janome)