Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's my line? >

What's my line?

What's my line?

Old 08-01-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
It's a website (there's also an app available for smart phones) where you can sign up and discuss neighborhood goings-on with your neighbors. When you sign up, you select which neighborhoods/areas you want to be informed about. It's very similar to Facebook and is free.

Pros: Notice of community events, such as farmers markets, construction notifications, job fairs, neighborhood garage sales, a rash of mailbox thefts, items for sale, etc.

Cons: Some people go on rants that I find juvenile and petty. Some people vent about the dumbest things, like a man walking down the street, and the neighbor posting about it found him "suspicious" and wanted everyone to keep an eye out for him.
I was going to answer, but Peggi nailed it. Ours does not allow political discussion, but where my daughter lives that got out of hand. She finally quit reading it. Most of the posts have to do with lost and found pets, and I'm sure it's great for the ones who are in that situation, but it can be very distracting if you read all the emails. I just browse once in awhile. Some of the posts relate to gardening or power outages or whatever might be going on, and the local police can post information, such as scams in the area or traffic spots to avoid because of an accident, but unless they live in the neighborhood, they can't read the posts. They also have a free and for sale items exchange, and that's how my fabric find happened.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:42 PM

Thanks for all the input about the fabrics. I think it's very similar to some that were mentioned, but I haven't found the exact ones online yet. I imagine they're quite old. I will post the quilt when I finish it, which should be in a day or two.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:56 AM

Maybe Park Avenue by 3 Sisters for Moda.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:34 AM

I also think you have fabrics from more than one line. I think I recognize one of them and it's quilt old.

I've bought several layercakes that are from lines of fabric, and usually there is a lot more similarities in prints/types than what you have. There are several in your group that look like they could be the same line, but several others that look like they are not. I will add, those are colors that I love, so I think they all look wonderful!
Old 08-02-2018, 03:43 AM

Reminds me of a fabric line called "French General" or something like that.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:25 AM

I also like to put together my own choices of fabric. I may not be real good at it but what I put together and make a quilt with is "me".
Old 08-02-2018, 05:45 AM

Those are pretty fabrics but I too don't know the manufacturer.
On the Nextdoor; they have one here where I am that I just joined not too long ago. There are many pluses; people asking for recommendations for just about everything; a good plumber, electrician, yard workers, roofers, mechanics, etc. A good source to get pros and cons of different businesses. Road closures, and here lots of fires going on so where they are located, etc. I got an 'invite' from someone. Has some interesting information on it - sometimes. I ignore the political stuff but honestly haven't seen too much of that.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:33 AM

Jo Morton? I have some of those prints in my stash and I know she's a designer I like - - I wouldn't know the specific line of hers though.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:59 AM

I have never been wedded to a particular line; like so many others, I buy what I like.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
It's a website (there's also an app available for smart phones) where you can sign up and discuss neighborhood goings-on with your neighbors. When you sign up, you select which neighborhoods/areas you want to be informed about. It's very similar to Facebook and is free.

Pros: Notice of community events, such as farmers markets, construction notifications, job fairs, neighborhood garage sales, a rash of mailbox thefts, items for sale, etc.

Cons: Some people go on rants that I find juvenile and petty. Some people vent about the dumbest things, like a man walking down the street, and the neighbor posting about it found him "suspicious" and wanted everyone to keep an eye out for him.
Thanks, Peckish. Doesn't sound appealing to me. Some people just love to vent to whoever will listen. But the pros sound pretty good.
Oh- I'm the biggest sucker for fabric lines!