Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Heart Beats >

Heart Beats

Heart Beats

Old 08-02-2018, 06:09 AM
mac

Yes, I feel your pain. I love scrap quilts and find that I enjoy making quilts from scraps more than using big pieces of fabric. Mainly, because of not truly knowing what I really want to do with my 'fabric work of arts' and being fearful that if I cut into them, I'll find a better use for that particular fabric later and will be disappointed when I don't have it anymore. Usually I would rather 'pet' my fabric and iron it and never use it. But as PaperPrincess said, it will never get used. I'll try to remember what LTeacherGeorge said,
"They will continue to make beautiful fabrics! If I RUN OUT (?!!), I can buy some of those."
Old 08-02-2018, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

I've given away a lot of fabric in the last three years. When I let it go, I have a tough time, but then end up getting lovely new batik.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:39 AM

Me. Too...……………………..
Old 08-02-2018, 09:50 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I am with you-everytime I make a donation bag of fabrics to give away I start rethinking that I may need that someday!!! Then I pull out fabrics and put them back in my bins. It is a sad sad situation to live with and I have so much fabric I probably wouldn't miss it once it is out of the house!
I love this Quilting Board. I don't have time to sew but love to read the posts for the laughs. I can identify with many of the posts like the ones about pets. And why I keep buying fabric when I have a basement full and no time to quilt or even sew. It's like a sickness. Once in Georgia a lady had 6 rooms of fabrics in her home. We could have all we wanted for free. I filled up my car and if I had taken more, I would have had to leave my friend. When I moved to Alabama most of what I brought was fabric. Since moving to Alabama my brother went with me to a yard sale. The lady made things she sold and just had too much. I filled up my car, twice because the 2nd trip I didn't bring him. It's just me and a lot of cats so no one complains. The lady with my Power of Attorney likes to sew so she will know how to get rid of it when I'm gone. Thanks to all for all the laughs. Gabrielle
Old 08-03-2018, 12:06 AM

ByThePiece- I am glad to hear from a kindred soul. I am also into buying and bargaining for fabric, and I rarely sew! I love the acronym: SABLE- Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:06 AM

You sound like me. I think there is sometype of hypnotic gas in quilt stores that couse us to always want more but we don't want to cut it. we just want to play with it. I love scraps and will take any that anyone offers.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:26 AM

I can relate! I have two pieces of fabric that I cannot cut; I just pet them and move on. Nothing else is sacred.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by 1screech View Post
You sound like me. I think there is some type of hypnotic gas in quilt stores that cause us to always want more but we don't want to cut it. we just want to play with it. I love scraps and will take any that anyone offers.
I love your explanation, 1screech!

A few years ago I bought a charm pack of (I think??) Bonnie & Camille fabrics. I kept it for a while, then decided that I paid for it and I was gonna use it....I cut some of my own solids to make it stretch into a full size quilt, and it looks good on my guest bed! I'll have to find a picture....
Old 08-03-2018, 11:14 AM
mac

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
ByThePiece- I am glad to hear from a kindred soul. I am also into buying and bargaining for fabric, and I rarely sew! I love the acronym: SABLE- Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy.
Ha Ha Ha! Very funny, and unfortunately true.