Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your 2023 quilting goals >

What are your 2023 quilting goals

What are your 2023 quilting goals

Old 12-16-2022, 02:10 PM

I have one main goal - to get caught up on my quilting. I'm down to 16 tops waiting to be quilted. I tell myself that for every top I put together, I need to quilt two. But it seems that never happens, I love piecing. I was as high as 24, right before DH did some servicing on my LA and got it working properly again. I'd be doing more quilting right now, but ran out of batting and though I ordered some three weeks ago, it still has not shipped.
Old 12-16-2022, 02:46 PM
Gay

Me 2 Fizzle. I have been downsizing for the last 4 months with the intention of moving into an 'over 50s' villa this month, but it has not been going very well. My double garage is my quilting studio and filled with containers of fabric, both mine and mums' (she has been gone for21yrs now) Not all is cotton but I can see uses for it all. Plus I have a 4th bedroom for my computer and embroidery machines and some accessories - also lots in the garage. Then there is the big shed with a houseful of furniture, farm tools & things that hubby brought up here when he could no longer be on his own. He's gone too, but the stuff remains. So 2023 will be dedicated to cleaning up and out. By the way, I will not be taking the villa. My youngest son moved in 2 weeks ago as the marriage finally broke up, so he will be doing all those outside jobs that I can't do anymore. When the studio is looking decent I will try to finish quilts started, and kitting up fabric for future quilts.

Last edited by Gay; 12-16-2022 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-16-2022, 03:28 PM

I'm not big on meeting my goals, but I have determined I will work on learning to hand quilt. The 1st 3 months this coming year we will be in our RV in Gulf Shores, so I have packed more than enough projects to keep me busy. Hopefully the weather will be so nice that I bring most home undone... we will see.
Old 12-16-2022, 04:21 PM

Well this is an interesting thread! It really made me think about what goals I would like to accomplish next year. First is to start the year off with an organized room! I would like to use my embroidery machine some (I haven’t touched it in 6yrs) and several years ago, I received quilting rulers which I haven’t tried out. I have several Christmas ornaments kits which I would love to hang on my tree next year. Maybe finish some of the kitted projects in the corner of my sewing room. And last but not least—make a few of the many wool appliqué kits I have. Hmmm—looks like I’ll be busy in 2023!
Old 12-17-2022, 05:11 AM

Oh my gosh GAY You have a lot of stuff and a lot going on! Hoping that the both of us are able to make some headway in to clearing up our lives!
Old 12-17-2022, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post

My goals;
1. Finish 1 UFO/mo
2. Finish 1 quilt/mo that gives me joy
3. Mostly all charity quilts be masculine.
4. Make quilt decorations for new house, including Easter and Thanksgiving/fall.
I brought 3 of my UFO's with me to FL to work on this winter... Have been doing kitchen update (remove wallpaper, mud walls where needed, paint, redo caulk, etc.) so have not yet touched them.

LOVE your #3. The group I work with when I'm home receives mostly tops that are definitely feminine. There is definitely a need for masculine quilts.
Old 12-17-2022, 09:44 AM

I've thought about going back and searching my posts to see what my 2022 goals were, but why set myself up for disappointment?!! This coming year I want to do a bargello, Kim Diehl's Sprigs and Twigs, The Jelly Maker's Cabin Quilt, and Toni Whitney's Great Blue Heron. I already have all the patterns, and all the fabric for these. Additionally, I have a Christmas panel and all the accompanying fabric, that I've wanted to do for a few years. Once the holidays are over, I can reclaim the dining room, and get back at it. I'm sure however that the next "shiny object" will come by, and I will be distracted, and veer off course. There is one Kaffe Fassett that I'm drawn to........
Old 12-17-2022, 10:49 AM

Default 2023 Quilting goals

I have one more tshirt top to make, It will be the 5th one for my neice...her boys never threw a tshirt away, three boys and 70 shirts for each...I hope to get the 5th one made so I can start quilting them in January..some were large so I will incorporate them on the backs..the boys are 16, 20 and 22..one quilt got the 16 yr old and 2 apiece for the two older guys...the two older boys are living in Poland going to college there to be airline pilots...they love it there.. and they come home every so often..when their school is on break for holidays...guess I better get busy today and get some sewing done....
Old 12-17-2022, 01:29 PM

1 Cop quilt
2 baby girl quilts
2 big girl quilts
2 adult quilts

Hopefully I get every thing cut out by the end of March.
Old 12-17-2022, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

Finish more projects then I start. I am definitely looking forward to another year of quilting and petting fabric. Quilting is my therapy and joy.