Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your 2023 quilting goals >

What are your 2023 quilting goals

What are your 2023 quilting goals

Old 12-14-2022, 06:46 AM

Default What are your 2023 quilting goals

Gosh, I don’t know where 2022 has gone, but I will be glad when it is over! I hope that 2023 is not as challenging!

1: Still EQ8, I think that I either need to make this happen or sell it. Granted this past 4 months have been life changing and there is some adjustment and change's, but I really would like to spend more time learning it.

2: Make at least one of my quilt kits this year, I have far too many!

3: Pull patterns for the many I have, go through my stash and kit them up.

4: I really need to do another big organization of fabric. I think I am going to get back on Etsy and start listing again. I was very happy with the results last time.

5: Play more with my Longarm. I want to change the threads I use since the cost of cotton has skyrocketed. I also want to play around with the GFE format on my Longarm. This is embroidery software that came with it when I bought it just before the pandemic. It stitches out embroidery designs without a hoop!

6: Learn appliqué so that I have hand work that can keep me busy in the evenings.

7: Make at least on OBW quilt. I have a huge collection on perfect OBW fabrics. It’s time to get sewing!

What are your goals for 2023? I look forward to hearing your’s and getting wonderful inspiration!
Old 12-14-2022, 06:53 AM

I'd like to...

1. Make up one of my kits ( I too have several but not too many, especially with rising fabric prices).
2. Make a quilt using camo fabric my daughter brought me. I've picked a pattern just need to see if I have the right coordinating fabric.
3. Finish the BH Mystery were doing now.
4. Use of more of my scrap stash so I can get everything else into the sewing closet
5. Clean and paint my sewing room so it's roomy and enjoyable to sew in.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:04 AM

Last year my husband bought me an Acuuquilt Go Big and a Go Me with a couple of Qubes and several dies. Life happened and I never even took it out of the box. My goal is to use it this year. I also have kits to make. One in particular involves paper piecing and I have never done that, so that will be my second goal.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

Gosh I don't know! I do know that I want to work on the pile of family names to make quilts for so maybe that will be a goal. I have a lot of people I want to gift a quilt to. Trouble is I keep getting sidetracked making things for my granddaughter and grandson!

This year I did a major rehaul and purge in my sewing room and it's a delight to actually find what I'm looking for and have fabrics I love- no more stuff I don't need or want!
Old 12-14-2022, 08:43 AM

My goal is to get back in the sewing room and start finishing some projects, at least one quilted and bound each month. Then start on the many kits that I have all the fabric and have been earmarked as gifts.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:00 AM

My goals are:
1. Finish some more UFOs- I've been slowly whittling the pile down over the last few years, but still have close to 20 in Area 51. I'd like to get it down to no more than 10 at any given time.
2. Make the whole cloth quilt out of super slinky fabric that I meant to do this year.
3. Continue to improve my design, piecing and quilting skills.
4. Learn to use EQ8 or get rid of it. I've had it for years, starting with EQ7 and never bonded with the software, maybe this year will be the year. As it is, I'm still doing most of my designing on the design wall LOL!

Rob
Old 12-14-2022, 12:57 PM

Goals? We're suppose to have goals?? Just kidding....
I want to stop buying fabric and use much of what I have, if I like it or not. Many of my quilts are charity donations, so maybe someone will like a certain print that I no longer care for.
Stop downloading a million patterns and printing them out. Stick to the easy ones and move forward.
I need to go through my fabric and make up kits. My question is, do you go ahead and cut the fabric up, storing the pattern and cut fabric? Or do you put a pattern and all the fabric in a bag, but don't cut it up until you are ready to make it??
Need to find the patience to actually mark my quilts with quilting patterns before putting them on the frame.
I would love to sell off the two chest of drawers I keep fabric in and use book cases and comic boards so I can see what I have.
Improve my quilting skills. I'm a better piecer than quilter.
Put the money I save from no longer buying fabric, ink cartridges, paper, quilting books in my savings account for a real vacation. Haven't had one in 6 years.
If I can get one of these accomplished I'll feel like a winner.
Old 12-14-2022, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

I like the idea of making kits. Thanks for the reminder! I think I'll do some. Linda, I don't know the answer to your query because I've never made a kit......... yet.
Old 12-14-2022, 02:56 PM

I’m currently participating in Angela Walters mandala quilting-along, and when that’s over, I have nothing in my queue.

I know…..weird, right?

So I’m kinda looking a bit forward to some quilting down time.

Thinking about participating in the aquiltinglife BOM, but would have to purchase some fabric to supplement my stash for that.

Might also try a t-shirt quilt for one of my adult kiddos.
Old 12-14-2022, 03:30 PM

My goal is to use up some stash. There is always another pretty fabric that comes along. I’m also considering working on 2-3 blocks per month on different quilts. I have numerous laser cut applique kits to make. Another goal is to make monthly themed projects.

I’m looking forward to completing some new projects in 2023.