Leftover cabbage. >

Leftover cabbage.

Leftover cabbage.

Old 09-30-2023, 01:03 PM
Power Poster

Another once in awhile cabbage fav for me ..... Inside Out Egg Rolls
Old 09-30-2023, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

I made Egg Roll without the Roll. We liked it. Low carb so much easier to make then the rolls.

https://www.melaniecooks.com/egg-roll-in-a-bowl/15435/

Lots of fluff filler on the page so scroll to the bottom for recipe.
Old 10-01-2023, 07:03 AM

I make a recipe that is very similar to the one linked by Onebyone. We really like it, it's quick and easy. Our preference is ground chicken, but any ground meat works fine.
Old 10-02-2023, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
GingerK ... We must be "two of a kind" as my mind went to both the casserole .... and the sometimes bagged option for simplicity!

Another favourite is Cabbage Cake ... basically shredded cabbage and ground beef mixed with tea biscuit dough and baked in a cake pan. Freezes well, too.

Now y'all have me hankering for both!
Okay, QuiltE - I went looking for Cabbage Cake and could not find a recipe that sounded anything similar to what you describe. I found lots that are like pancakes or potato cakes. Can you post a recipe for this cabbage lover? Thanks!
Old 10-02-2023, 02:28 PM

Here's another way to use up extra cabbage--make lasagna,substituting layers of cabbage leaves for lasagna noodles. For all you low carb and keto eaters out there, it can fill that pasta craving niche.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:24 PM

I have also cut in slices and baked. I used parmesan cheese on mine. I thought they were very good. Leftovers I put in flat containers and froze. A few minutes in the microwave and they were wonderful to add to a meal.
Old 10-05-2023, 06:01 AM

I like to make sauerkraut with left over cabbage, if it's still fresh enough. It's easy. I shred it, pack it in a mason jar, while layering it with some salt. It sits on my counter for about a week. I just burp it every day, so the jar doesn't explode. We eat sauerkraut on everything from sausages, burgers, sammies, salads, you name it. So good!
Old 10-10-2023, 06:11 AM

Farmers Market had miniature cabbages which I chopped up in real small pieces and mixed with chopped butter lettuce then spun both in salad spinner. We’re gorging ourselves on this, adding cherry tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden before Jack Frost ends that fun.