Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 09-28-2015, 08:56 PM

Rec'd my blocks today. They are beautiful. I love all of them and can't wait to put them together. Thanks to those who sent back my scraps. I did not send back any scraps as I am working on a Charming Addition quilt and need all the different 2 1/2" squares I can get. When I get it finished (some day), I will post a picture and you can play "I Spy" looking for boom fabrics.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:05 AM

MM, I've got zillions of 2 1/2 inch charms. Is there anything in particular you need or are looking for? I'm working with them right now putting some blocks together that are 5 x 5 squares, so 25 in each block. I can easily put some aside for you as I go. Let me know.
Originally Posted by mollymunchkin View Post
Rec'd my blocks today. They are beautiful. I love all of them and can't wait to put them together. Thanks to those who sent back my scraps. I did not send back any scraps as I am working on a Charming Addition quilt and need all the different 2 1/2" squares I can get. When I get it finished (some day), I will post a picture and you can play "I Spy" looking for boom fabrics.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:19 PM

Wow Joan that is a lot of excitement, great on the quilt and not so great on being locked out
Old 09-30-2015, 01:23 PM

We are on our adventure in the BlacknHills and having a wonderful time. Before retirement driving in the car for more then an hour or two left me a nervous wreck. Yeah retirement, no such problems, enjoying every minute ok that was a fib the road work did get to me but other then that having one of the best vacations ever
Old 09-30-2015, 02:46 PM

Safe travels Terri!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:04 AM

Was able to do a quick put up on the design wall of my blocks and have a good idea for layout. I hope to play with them some more this weekend since I am home. Thank you to everyone that participated and did such creative blocks!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:22 AM

Oh, Terri, have a WONDERFUL time! Be sure to post some pix!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
We are on our adventure in the BlacknHills and having a wonderful time. Before retirement driving in the car for more then an hour or two left me a nervous wreck. Yeah retirement, no such problems, enjoying every minute ok that was a fib the road work did get to me but other then that having one of the best vacations ever
Old 10-01-2015, 05:50 AM

Good morning Boomers. Most everyone has received their blocks by now I believe (except those gallivanting about, having vacations!) and I've gotten some feedback. Once again, there has been positive (I've seen the word "perfect" a couple of times, "creative" and "out of the box"), wow! I've also heard we had some color and size issues. Those two things seem to be the most frequent less than positive comments. Fixable, boomers, fixable! At this point, I'm going with the positive!

I want to thank each and every one of you for fulfilling your commitment to the swap. Many of you participated fully in the online threads and reading and posting frequently. Doing so creates a friendly atmosphere and camaraderie. Kudos! There have been a couple of problems people have pushed through to complete their blocks and that's wonderful and greatly appreciated! Then there are those of you who just keep coming back time and time again, always helping to make this a more successful swap. Thank you one and all!

Just as an fyi, because I know somebody is going to ask when the next Boom starts, I'm going to take a bit of a break. Signups will probably start mid-November. I'm still dealing with lots of things since my sister's death. Here I sit at her house right now waiting for the painters that were supposed to arrive, oh, 44 minutes ago but who is counting, so the house can be sold more quickly. I had no idea the work load that comes with a family death. I mean I knew there would be things to do, but I really didn't understand the depth of the work. Waiting those extra weeks should give me a chance to finish up much of what needs to be done so I have the time to devote to the admin of the swap and possibly the time to participate. For those interested, I'll post updates on this thread.

Thank you again to everyone for participating and making this the most creative of the Booms!

Fondly,
Janice
Old 10-02-2015, 05:31 AM

devils tower in Wyoming
[ATTACH=CONFIG]532250[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532251[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 10-02-2015, 05:37 AM

Prairie Dogs are a big part of the ecological process in the Black Hills. They have been very successful in bringing back these little creatures by vaccinating them. They scatter bisquits with vaccines in them. Very fun to watch. There are deer everywhere especially in people's gardens

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532252[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg