Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 09-26-2015, 07:52 PM

Gary said I got my squishy too, but I'm at work and won't be home to see them until tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:28 AM

Bittersweet getting my blocks today. This was what Dad looked forward too so much. He'd ooohhhh and ahhhh over them like a kid in a candy store. Hubby was home to today when I opened them and he just wasn't as excited, lol. Have some training left to do on him I guess.Thank you all for the wonderful blocks. Billi, thanks for the extra "stars", that one did get a double take from hubby .We'll be out of the house a little bit but I told hubby if the blocks are starched and pressed when I come back, I'd freak out (he would too) because Dad never could wait to get started on pressing them so we could work up a layout.Thanks again for all the hard work and thanks so much to our wonderful hostess for keeping us on the straight and narrow.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:22 AM

Flower, some swappers routinely send the extra fabric back if the already have gazillion scraps or if the think they might not use it. Most generally do keep it unless a request is made to return it as sometimes happens. You might see your fabric scrap turn up in a scrappy quilt down the road.
Originally Posted by Flowergurl View Post
Doing the happy dance! I got my blocks today and they are even more beautiful in person!!
Thanks to those that sent back the left over fabric, that was sweet of you.
I wouldn't have minded a bit if you'd kept it tho.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:39 AM

Default Feedback welcome

I've begun receiving feedback from some swappers. If you are so inclined, feel free to EMAIL me your comments, suggestions and observations. As usual, all feedback is welcome. But please, make it honest. Please don't tell me you love all your blocks regardless of their flaws, if there are any. I've had swappers tell me they love all their blocks and then come to find out later that a bunch of them ended up unused for a color or quality issue. I'm not saying pick them apart, but if there is a serious enough problem, such as blocks way off on size or falling apart, PLEASE tell me privately by email. How on earth is a swapper to improve if everyone says how great the blocks are but are really barely held together? I'd rather have you say nothing about the blocks you received than to give me the impression they were all perfect, an impossibility I know for a fact. So please, be kind and honest if you choose to give me feedback. And I want to I include myself in that too. I've already self-critiqued and am a bit displeased with my oversight this round. Granted there were reasons, but I'll do better next time.

Thanks boomers!

boomerangswaps@charter net

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-27-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:34 AM

I made it home and first thing I did was open my squishy. Thank you ladies, the blocks are great. And thanks for the extra surprises.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:25 PM

Just arrived home ,been away for 5 days, received boom blocks, thank you to all of you.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:41 PM

Received them today and really don't have time tonight to look at them but want to thank you for making blocks for me. I will go through them tomorrow and get them ironed and go from there. Thank you again for the swap.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:34 PM

I went home from work early today, wasn't expecting the blocks but they were there...Thank you to everyone for the blocks...had forgotten how much I loved the blue/white fabric...will have to find some more of it to make a couple more blocks to have enough for a quilt....I made a quilt out of blocks , not sure which boom it was...but I donated it to a friend who needed something for a charity she was involved with. She just texted me and told me the quilt sold for close to $500!! I about fainted...I was very pleased that it went for a good amount to a good cause!!! Whens the next boom?? LOL
Old 09-28-2015, 04:40 PM

Oh, one piece of advce.....never go outside with 4 grandkids to watch an eclipse without checking the door to make sure its NOT locked...keys, phone, flashlight ALL inside...car locked, police wont "unlock houses"...plastic chairs are NOT good to stand on to try to get a screen off, esp when you are 67 years old with a bad knee...finally went to neighbors and asked the husband if he could come get us in...thank God the 2 boys left their window unlocked!! And thank heavens for frozen veggies for the shoulder...LOL...Thanks again for the blocks, and the extras!!
Old 09-28-2015, 05:23 PM

Wow, Joan that was great the quilt brought so much!!
Glad your neighbor was home and able to get you back inside.