Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-15-rosebud-3-month-group-t266045.html)

Janice McC 06-05-2015 08:13 AM

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Here's the info you need for the Rosebud group.

Members:

BeeBeatty
Bibliostone
Billi
Cuppy
Flowergurl
Jaba
Joanelizbay
Kassaundra
Ljdugas
Lucky_alf2
Mollymunchkin
Moonwork
Muse&Sew
Quilt Addict
Terriamn
Traveling Gramma

We have a couple of new people in this group but most of you know the way this works. This round each of you will be making 1 blocks per person so you will need to prepare FIFTEEN f8's for your co-members and if you are making a block for yourself, you'll need 16.

Important Dates
F8s are due IN MY HANDS on Thursday, June 18, 2015
I ship to you on Monday, June 22, 2015
3 month group blocks due IN MY HANDS ON Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Rules/Guidelines:
Please make sure to also refer to the basic policies that apply to all swaps through the board: RULES FOR SWAPS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES - Updated 8 December 2010.
Fabric, Completed Block and Package Preparation:
1) Please pre-wash your Fat Eighth (F8) fabric before cutting into Fat Eighths by de-selvaging, pre-washing and pressing. Cut your fabric into Fat Eighths, generally about 18” x 11”. Mail them to me.
2) When mailing your F8s to me for distribution, please make sure they are individually sealed in a Ziploc-type bag. Label each F8 with your board name along with any instructions or color requests. (DO NOT SPECIFY A RECIPIENT unless a fabric is being directed to a particular person. Doing so slows my sorting process immensely.) Labels are useful to help the recipient prevent fabric mix-ups, something that’s easy to do. When you send your completed blocks back to me, please seal and label your completed blocks with the owner’s name AND your name in a similar manner as you did the F8s. (Your name is important so that the owner knows who made what block.)
3) Please mail your F8s to me so they are in my hands on the due date.
4) Carefully handle all fabric received and completed blocks, placing them somewhere safe until mailing time comes.
5) To help keep track of the fabrics and blocks made, I will establish an online Fabric Gallery.
6) You are REQUIRED to keep in touch with your group by posting to the dedicated Boom 15 thread at least every 2 weeks. This is a requirement. If you don’t wish to keep in touch, this is not the swap for you.
7) All blocks must be completed within the time frame for the group and mailed to me with a tracking number.
8) All blocks should be 12 1/2” unfinished. They may be regularly pieced, paper-pieced, appliquéd, whatever the block maker decides to do. Again, the feeling is to get a true friendship quilt out of this. Please do not request specific blocks as the idea is to let everyone, of every skill level, join in and try new things and grow. Before mailing, be sure to clean up the blocks by trimming your threads and cutting the dog ears.
9) Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Shipping Information
You must supply me with tracking numbers on all parcels sent to me and I will do likewise when I mail to you. All shipping costs are your responsibility. You may ship to me in whatever tracked package you like, however I will ONLY ship to you in USPS Padded Priority Envelopes at a cost is $6.10. You may supply me with a pre-paid or pre-stamped USPS Padded Priority Envelope (available for free at USPS.com) or send me $6.10 in well-concealed cash and I will supply the envelope, whatever is easier for you.

Keep the following in mind:
You MUST be in good standing with previous swaps. ANYONE with a poor track record of fulfilling your swap commitments will not be permitted to join. Once names are published on the Boom 15 thread, I will likely be told if there have been previous problems and you may be dropped at my discretion. If you sign-up here and do not fulfill your commitment, negative feedback will be given.
All skill levels are welcome but you must be able to sew a well-constructed block. It need not be fancy or detailed but it must not be falling apart. I respect new quilter’s need to learn and that will be taken into account.
PLEASE pre-wash fabrics without any fragrance residue. Please note that that some swappers may be smokers or have pets. If either pets or smoking is a serious problem for you, you may find this isn’t the swap for you.
NO public complaints or criticisms of other swappers, items received or other type for any reason are permitted. ALL complaints must be addressed by Private Message (PM) or email to me at [email protected]. NO EXCEPTIONS!

joanelizbay 06-05-2015 08:55 AM

SO glad to see some old faces here and WELCOME to the new folks..this is a wonderful group of ladies to share with and that will help you whenever you need it!! HAVE FUN!!

Flowergurl 06-05-2015 09:11 AM

Flowergurl in a rosebud boom how fitting! :thumbup:

moonwork42029 06-05-2015 09:22 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519863[/ATTACH]

I am using a variety of fabric with "peach/orange sherbet" in it. I will request that only "white or white on white" fabrics be used with it - would prefer no other prints or colors. I will also put a note that I like "star blocks" as a suggestion but by no means is that a requirement...just a suggestion in case you get quilter's mind boggle.

I used this same fabric collection in the last Boom and decided I wanted to make a larger top so I'm needing more of the beautiful blocks from y'all.

You might get some F8 with ragged slanted edges from where it came off the bolt but rather than cut off the weirdness, I just left it on. Many of you will get more than the required size so you can keep anything left over. I always try to be over generous with my cuts.

I've got mine all packaged with labels and notes...just waiting to mail on Monday to Janice.

Kassaundra 06-05-2015 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, great to see both repeat and new boomers. I am sending the space fabric to this group. It is for a boy's quilt outer space themed. Stars would be great, or anything "outer space " inspired. I am sending the star night fabric, and using the planet fabric for inspiration and adding it to the quilt blocks you guys send me to make enough blocks for a finished quilt.

moonwork42029 06-05-2015 09:44 AM

Kassaundra:

Are these too young? https://www.designsbyjuju.com/out-of...world-applique

Kassaundra 06-05-2015 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 7217645)

Those are adorable. He is young now and I do want it to grow with him, but he is a sensitive soul, and I think the nod to humor would grow w/ him.

cuppy 06-05-2015 10:33 AM

Hello Boomers. I will decide on fabric choice this week. Have a great weekend.

Billi 06-05-2015 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yay it's almost time to grow some roses. This is my fabric I'll be requesting white or wow. And if a third fabric is needed please use touches of the pink in the flowers.

ljdugas31 06-05-2015 01:55 PM

Great fabric! I will be getting my fabric ready to go out Monday!!!!