Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-15-rosebud-3-month-group-t266045.html)

jaba 06-06-2015 10:28 AM

Will be mailing my fabric on Monday, didn't get to the post office in time this morning

Kassaundra 06-06-2015 10:31 AM

Bee your niece is beautiful, what an exciting life she has so young. I thought I had an idea for your fabric (may still use the same idea) but knowing she is in fashion may change up my plans. Guess the tin foil hat goes back on for a bit. lol

Flowergurl 06-06-2015 10:34 AM

What a lovely niece you have. So young to be so far away from home! I hope the quilt brings her much comfort. :)
I have half of my F8's cut out. I will finish up tomorrow. I keep changing my mind on which fall colors to use. LOL

Janice McC 06-06-2015 11:39 AM

The Gallery is up! I've posted most of the pix I found. There were one or two where people didn't seem sure the fabric they posted was the one they'd use so I left those off. You will find the gallery here: boomerangswaps.weebly.com. If you discover any mistakes or omissions, please let me know by email. Mistakes I'll try to fix right away, omissions may take a bit longer.

I see that several people have already begun preparing and shipping their F8s. Please make sure you've included your fabric REQUESTS in with each individual F8s and that each baggie is marked with your name. Unless you are directing a particular fabric to a specific individual, please don't label them with each member's name. It slowwwwsss me down when I start my sort. Don't forget to send your F8s to me under tracking and send me that tracking number when you get it. (I like to be aware your package is coming so if it doesn't turn up, I can go looking for it. This happened a couple rounds ago, the package was mis-delivered.) Your return postage should also be included in the package. It's easier for me if you send either $6.10 in cash or a pre-paid USPS priority envelope. (They are available at USPS.com in batches of 3 I believe.) If you use stamps, please send them in a small envelope and use large denomination stamps if possible, PLEASE not 13 first class stamps - they hate that at my post office!

That's about all I can think of now! Thanks for your attention!

Janice

Bee Beatty 06-06-2015 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7218685)
Bee your niece is beautiful, what an exciting life she has so young. I thought I had an idea for your fabric (may still use the same idea) but knowing she is in fashion may change up my plans. Guess the tin foil hat goes back on for a bit. lol

Kass i am sure will love what you do and so will I! I love your creativity! I think she misses her sisters and family. She went with a school friend to a local fashion show for a retail store and from there her opportunities took over her life...truth known ...I think she would like to be home for a while.

Bee Beatty 06-06-2015 02:06 PM

Terriamn...haven't heard from you in a while....just checking in with you. My mother is losing her speech. She knows what she wants to say...just cannot put it together and say it. I am working with her and her speech therapist to continue her conversation skills...but really frustrating for her. And you know me...I can talk for both of us :) so I tell her all about the family and things I am doing. She is able to write down a question for me..and it is always.."When can i go home." Then my heart sinks....

Kassaundra 06-06-2015 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty (Post 7218863)
Terriamn...haven't heard from you in a while....just checking in with you. My mother is losing her speech. She knows what she wants to say...just cannot put it together and say it. I am working with her and her speech therapist to continue her conversation skills...but really frustrating for her. And you know me...I can talk for both of us :) so I tell her all about the family and things I am doing. She is able to write down a question for me..and it is always.."When can i go home." Then my heart sinks....

I don't know which is worse, them asking every time to come home, or when they stop asking and you know it's b/c they don't remember they aren't home. I put a hugging smiley in there but it isn't showing.

Flowergurl 06-06-2015 07:27 PM

I just got back from Wal Mart. They had some lovely gold material on sale. Of course it went perfectly with my fall
colors theme. ;) It along with a burnt orange fat quarter are in the washer now. haha

Flowergurl 06-07-2015 02:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521740[/ATTACH]

I woke up early this morning, so i finished my practice block. I think it turned out well for my first try on
this one. I only have 3 more F8's to cut and i will get to them later today. All should be able to go out
Monday on schedule. :) Thanks for letting me play girls, I am loving it. :)

quilt addict 06-07-2015 06:06 AM

Fabric is in the mail.