Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-15-rosebud-3-month-group-t266045.html)

Muse&Sew 06-17-2015 05:56 AM

Janice hope they got all of the tumor out on Ripley & you get good results!

Bee beautiful quilts. I love the poppy quilt too! Fun pattern. The medallion quilt looks like ti took a lot of work. Beautiful work!

Bee Beatty 06-17-2015 06:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Janice,

Boo Boo stickers and kisses for Ripley....poor baby! Good that you have each other these days :)

Thanks everyone for the compliments and kudos for finishing two UFO's. The Poppy Quilt definitely made me aware of working in a Chinese apparel "sweatshop", I feel for these people. Cutting fabric squares, piecing, borders in a 5 hour class made this mystery quilt a class to remember for sure. Proves it can be done I guess :)

Quilt Addict - all...... a note regarding the Boom 13 medallion - the center block is 24 x 24 inches set on point. When cutting and sewing the pieces to square up the "large medallion center square", (light green fabric) working around the 12 inch blocks located in each corner of the large medallion center - be sure to cut the half square triangles on the cross grain of the fabric. I cut some of them on the bias to conserve on fabric. That was a mistake that I won't make again. Doing that made the center block stretch in places and pull apart in others. I could be heard late nights in the sewing room shouting four letter groans. I had to re-enforce seams in 5 places.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522621[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 06-17-2015 06:36 AM

There is definitely an art to knowing when to "conserve" fabric by using biases and when NOT to, lol lol lol and it is usually learned the first time! lol

Bee Beatty 06-17-2015 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7229452)
There is definitely an art to knowing when to "conserve" fabric by using biases and when NOT to, lol lol lol and it is usually learned the first time! lol

Me too....lol and rothflol! Its funny when I think about it. ...like working with wet pizza dough..... and yet my repair patch kits can hardly be seen. :)

Bee Beatty 06-17-2015 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok Boomers...the timing is working out great for this Swap! The garden is on coast....I have finished two quilts and Nana's Giggle Quilt will be just in time for her Birthday on the 29th of this month. Family Re-Union PicNic over July 4th and then my daughter, granddaughter and grandson arrive for a visit....just in time for me to teach them some block making skills.

Here's a look at the garden about 1 week from 1st picking. Kept it a little smaller this year. Seems like this year I have designed rows like I have designed quilts - a little outside the box.....:)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522650[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 06-17-2015 12:39 PM

Your garden looks great. I went smaller this year too. My tomatoes (20 plants) are way taller then me now, started harvesting cukes this week, melons look great, peppers are getting big. Just got the sweet potatoes in and the squash are struggling, but the few plants that are making it from the first (of 4 plantings) are about to be ready for harvesting. I just bought several sad looking squash plants thinking they will recover faster than seeds will get as big as the plants. Not putting out the new sad squash until "Bill" passes since we are expecting another 7ish inches of rain. This spring has been insane for rain. Almost biblical scale flooding!

Janice McC 06-18-2015 02:32 AM

Shipping f8s tomorrow! Thank you for getting your fabrics to me in a timely fashion so we can keep to our schedule, ahead of schedule actually. 👍

jaba 06-18-2015 05:48 AM

Those garden's make me envious. Our's is growing but it will be awhile before picking cuc's and tomatoes. Have only gotten radishes, lettuce and spinach so far.
Revamped my sewing rooms and am all ready to sew some blocks!

lucky_alf2 06-18-2015 06:11 AM

Wow Kassaundra & Bee -- your gardens look amazing! 20 tomato plants -- yowza! I can't even work up the courage for 1 lol!

Janice -- glad to hear Ripley is back home and recovering. I hope the tumor news is good. Your pup is in my thoughts :)

Bee - love those quilts, esp the poppy one -- it looks like a happy fiesta and the Hungarian in me loves poppies -- I almost picked a poppy fabric for this boom but I was worried the scale was too big.

For the butterfly fabric I requested any kind of purple along with white,grey, or black for blocks. I thought that would go together nicely. The quilt will be for my upstairs book nook :)

Moonwork -- I am in Littleton so not too far from Castle Rock :). We recently moved to CO from AZ. CO is definitely beautiful with lots to do altho crazy weather. The move was a hard one for my kids (well us too) but the kids are slowly coming around -- not sure they will really forgive us until they are adults tho

I am in PA at the moment visiting family -- lots of traveling this June. My kids commented (not complained) on the humidity as soon as we got off the plane -- coming from AZ and CO, they are not used it -- we will see what they think of "big hair" this morning haha.

Happy Thursday to all!

Kassaundra 06-18-2015 08:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been playing w/ convergence today, an idea I am considering for some of the fabrics. Gary wasn't impressed w/ it so I'm going to post this pic and see if I am just being tunnel visioned. The size is just hair off of this one I'll need to adjust if I make any for the boom.