Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-21-2012, 10:27 AM

Crafty Darlene, I had the Janome 300e and I loved it. I want the 350e, but won't be getting it in the near future. DD wants me to buy her 11000 special edition when she upgrades to a 10 needle machine. So happy for you, enjoy!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:12 AM

Hi Bernice,

just to let you know that the "real" package was posted over a week ago but the printed matter post obviously goes much faster, probably does not have to go through customs? Every September we have a heritage weekend when lots of historical sites are open to the public without cost and also some of them are only open on this weekend. The booklet will give you a flavour of the area I live in, I am going to try to fit as many places as I can this year.

Fingers crossed your other package does not take too long.

Eileen

Originally Posted by Beeboop71 View Post
Package received yesterday from Canny Quilter.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357025[/ATTACH]
Old 08-21-2012, 11:36 AM

That is Awesome Darlene, I love my Embroidery machine, I purchased it when I was ready to retire, thought I would make money with it. I am just starting to do some real work with it, but I got tons of patterns at http://juliasneedledesigns.com/ the patterns are reasonable and so many of them are free. I also joined the Yahoo group but I get lost on there so easily. Also a very good source for thread is http://www.threadart.com/ I shop the sales. Good luck with it and if you ever have any questions be sure to ask, I find a lot of quilters are also Embroiderers.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:59 PM

Brenda, I had ladybug as my Aug SP so I've heard from her.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:00 PM

i received my swap package yesterday from laquita and since i am no where near unpacked and do not have internet service yet i cannot post a pic. so here goes: i received 2 batik fq's and a 1/4 yard batik remnant. a wall hanging pattern, a seam ripper, 2 pk 45mm rotary blades, emory board, note pad, book mark and a nice note from laquita.

laquita thank you for everything as it is most appreciated. hopefully i will get internet service tomorrow so i can come hang out. have a great rest of your day.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
has anyone heard from lawsonmugs or ladybug....haven't seen either on here in quite a while....
I'm doing better. I have been sick and had some very bad things going on with the farm and my husbands health.Don't want to poorout my bussiness and bring everyone down. I would like to say thanks to all that sent very nice PM's that showed their concern.I have faith and believe things will turn out fine. I looked at a few swaps sent this month and as usual they were very nice. Hope all are well.Ladybug is doing well. I have kept in touch with my big sis and auntie Gail.Have a good day Hugs to all Mary
Old 08-21-2012, 01:38 PM

Hi Teresa~I got a PM from lawson a few minutes ago...she's been sick...glad they are both ok though...thanks for the update
Old 08-21-2012, 02:24 PM

Well, will post pictures of my "fantabulous" package I got on Monday. It's from Jan Rutherford, but she didn't include her board name, so couldn't send her PM to thank. Lori didn't respond to my request for that information - is she not well again??? If so, Lori, get well soon and rejoin us here. My thanks to Jan for the wonderful things in the box - a cross stitch cat ornament, red buttons, a mitering tool, Tiger tape (thanks for that, I really like Tiger Tape and do use it); needles, ribbon, thread, note cards, the neatest cat fabric (hanging on my design wall already for future use); FQ, a needle case (for storing needles by size and type); a cat hangy thing, a "Sisterhood of Quilters Blessing" a handmade pincushion and a cross to wear (I had one just like this, but gave it to someone who needed it more than I, so now have another to wear - and I hope you won't get mad Jan, but maybe it too, will be passed forward). Thanks again and here's the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails im000906.jpg   im000907.jpg   im000908.jpg  
Old 08-21-2012, 02:35 PM

Kathleen, Jan's board name is Jan Rutherford.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:38 PM

Well, Duh, I never even looked at it that way. I'll be sending PM right now. Boy is my face red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!