Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-21-2012, 03:14 PM

Nice package, I want that "will purr for Food" my cats will do anything for food, even stand a beg. I think our male cat thinks he is a dog.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
has anyone heard from lawsonmugs or ladybug....haven't seen either on here in quite a while....
Ladybug ( Rosemary ) here, had been sick for about a week and just catching up on things... Lawsonmugs ( Mary) has been really sick for over 2 weeks, know she misses the board, could use a few prayers, they need rain so bad there....
Plus few other happenings... Thanks for asking Brenda...
Old 08-21-2012, 04:11 PM

Hi Miss Rosemary-glad you're feeling better...Mary sent me a PM earlier today....hugs and prayers for both of you!!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
Well, Duh, I never even looked at it that way. I'll be sending PM right now. Boy is my face red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No prob, I made the same mistake once on someone else tho!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
That is Awesome Darlene, I love my Embroidery machine, I purchased it when I was ready to retire, thought I would make money with it. I am just starting to do some real work with it, but I got tons of patterns at http://juliasneedledesigns.com/ the patterns are reasonable and so many of them are free. I also joined the Yahoo group but I get lost on there so easily. Also a very good source for thread is http://www.threadart.com/ I shop the sales. Good luck with it and if you ever have any questions be sure to ask, I find a lot of quilters are also Embroiderers.
Thanks for the info Marybeth I can certainly use all the help I can get! I will be sure to check out the sites you gave me. I played with it a little this afternoon, did a few things. I think I am going to love it when I learn how to use it! LOL!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM

And then there was more... :-)Eileen I received the other box!! What a nice surprise after a long day at work. Ok lets see if I can list everything I received. I got a novel, a cute pincushion (love pincushions, lately I have realized you can't have too many), tissue holder, sewing machine needles (which I actually need), 3 fat quarters (one white, one cat fabric and one blue floral striped FQ) I will be using the cat fabric for a project for my daughter Samantha who loves cats and the blue floral striped fabric will be made into a check book cover, tea, a notepad and matching pen, craft glue, stickers, plastic blue container with drawers, Gold Medal gummies and a super cute owl pin which has already found a home in my sewing room, and a container of Butter Biscuit cookies in an Olympics designed container (definitely a keepsake)!! I love my SP package. Thanks Eileen, I have never received anything International before. :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]357148[/ATTACH] WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight
Attached Thumbnails 527218_505414999471900_2006971908_n-1.jpg  

Last edited by Beeboop71; 08-21-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
Juli,

With tears in my eyes I have to say thank you for posting this. My dear friend lost her 11month old son to SIDS yesterday. I shared this link with her. Thank you

Melinda
Old 08-21-2012, 08:32 PM

Default August Secret Pal - Sandy aka catpawski

I'm looking for something in RED and my August secret pal package is spot on.
Thank you Sandy - aka catpawski for all the lovely red items; my favorite still has to be the red beaded pen - I just love it; also some fabulous red FQ that I plan to use in my basket weave red and white quilt - I call it my future retirement quilt - I'll be retired before it gets done. Also in the package is a little red book - a rose pencil pouch - perfect for my marking pencils so the leads don't brake going to and from class; a fun scissor fob; eraser; beautiful little friendship note cards and refrigerator magnet; directional pins - wow could I have used those last month; I sewed a whole row on and the next before I noticed I had a major error. Thanks also Sandy for the JoAnn patterns - I'm going to try my first vinyl tote bag.
Thank you again Sandy for such an awesome package.
Attached Thumbnails august-2012-secret-pal-catpawski-resized-image.jpg  
Old 08-21-2012, 08:48 PM

So glad you enjoyed your goodies. Hope you ahd a good time at the deer camp, getting it al set up huh?
Do yall make deer jerkey? Our DD & SIL make their own and it is DELICIOUS!

Have a good week.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:04 PM

Crafty D - How exciting for you. I have had an embroidery machine for over a year and have been too chicken to try to use it. Don't be like me, OK??

Lawsonmugs - Praying that things improve for you everyday.

Love everyone's packages. A lot of thought and imagination go into each one and they are all sew special..