Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your DH help you? >

Does your DH help you?

Does your DH help you?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:38 PM

Hubby is a retired builder and tho the materials are different (fabric vs wood) the techniques are very similar. He has helped me over the years calculating fabric and measurements, cutting and other tasks. We also share the housework. He does floors and bathrooms and I do laundry, dusting, polishing. We do the shopping, cooking and cleanup together. No, he isn't for sale at any price. We just celebrated 45 years last week and I don't have another 45 to train some other guy :)
Old 02-08-2011, 12:46 PM

My husband helped with a block in my row robin. He cut the fabric for me and wanted to try sewing a few seams. That one block is a little bit wonky. But he was so proud of himself - I can't bring myself to correct some of the issues. A big part of it is that he cut my squares without paying attention to the grain and direction like I'd asked him, and so some of the squares were cut on the bias and stretched a bit as a result when sewn together creating a few puckers and misaligned areas. I really, wanted to do the block over, but he lit up like a little kid when it was done and was just so darn proud of himself. So as a compromise - I've done the other 4 blocks, LOL and their construction is much better ;) But I do love my husband still - even though he has a lot to learn about sewing/cutting! For the moment, I think he can best help me in the future by carrying out my packages from Joann's and moving my sewing furniture around, LOL. Husbands are so cute in the sewing room...

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 02-08-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by dolores
You ladies are so lucky. Mine doesn't help me with anything. I mean anything
I am with you! Nothing, nada, zilch, zip!!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:12 PM

mine does, he lets me do my thing and doesnt bother me
Old 02-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

DH encourages me, buys me whatever I need for quilting and helps with problem solving, doesn't complain about the table being tied up for 6 years with quilting paraphenalia or my ever growing stash what more can a woman ask for!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
Hell would freeze over... :lol:

But he does his fair share of the housekeeping, all the cooking, doesn't say a word to me about how much time or money I spend quilting, listens patiently to my "somebody on QB said" stories and admires everything I make.

So he helps in his own way.
Mine, too. But I like it that way since I like to quilt more than doing all of the above.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:11 PM
SEW

Originally Posted by BabyCakes
25 yrs ago when I found my sewing scissor in the junk drawer my sewing/quilting room was put off limits.Today my husband will stand in the doorway of my sewing/quilting room and just stare and say you really like to quilt.
LOL! :lol:
Old 02-08-2011, 03:03 PM

My late husband, cut fabric, helped with colors, help sew and also cooked. He also kept the sewing room neat. I haven't done any quilting since he passed in August. Too painful.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:13 PM

Well,mine will cut out all my templetes and when I have problem with the design he will figure it out. He started cooking 6 years ago when I had TIA but all he wants is hamburgers and steaks {not me] anything else nope but the other day I had an old clothes wooden dryer that I wanted the wooden pieces cut off and he did that but for dishes and cleaning the house No Way.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by mythreesuns
I was just wondering if any other husbands help them with their quilting projects? Mine helps cut all the fabric. That's what he is doing today on his day off from work and I am heading to work now.
My husband passed in'93 but I think he would have either laughed at me or dug in and did a better job that I can. He did so love a challange. Miss him