Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your DH help you? >

Does your DH help you?

Does your DH help you?

Old 02-08-2011, 04:32 PM

No. He's just not into stuff like that although he does try to compliment me when I show him my work.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:50 PM

My husband is wonderful helping me with cutting fabric. He is also generous supporting my machine and fabric habits lol.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:50 PM

Yes, he helps me sandwich some times and is really good at coordinating colors. He does stain glass and has a good eye for color.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 PM

My wonderful DH stays out of my way, never says a word when I charge ANOTHER bunch of fabric without paying for it out of my quilt money. (I am trying to keep it paying for itself...somehow though, it never happens). Never says a word if I stay all day in my sewing room, even if he has to eat soup and peanut butter for dinner....Listens when I go on and on about the pros and cons of different kinds of thread, and actually looks like he is interested. He holds up my quilts so I can photograph them...And best of all, when I get stuck, he can come in and move around a few pieces and make it all come together! I love him so much....He is da bomb!!!
Ellen
Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 PM

mine helps by leaving my quilting stuff alone. seriously he does dishes and watches tv and won't touch a needle or thread. that is a big help.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:07 PM

My hubs will offer suggestions (when asked), he cooks (from a box usually but he does make a to-die-for meatloaf from scratch), he will do the laundry and grocery shopping. But he is the most help by oohing and ahhing over my quilting. How could I ask for more?
Old 02-08-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
are you kidding? Mine has no intrest in helping me do anything
Same at my house
Old 02-08-2011, 05:19 PM

Thank you for asking. My DH is a jewel. He is very supportive in everything having to do with my sewing and quilting.

So far, he has built me a fabric cupboard, two tables, a thread holder. DH has traveled hours to so I can look at a vintage machine... many times, designed cabinets for my vintage machines, etc.

He shops with me, makes sure we have time to explore quilt stores in towns we go through when traveling and he even has some favorite quilt stores.

DH does most of the cooking while I do the baking. He doesn’t make a fuss if I have somehow messed up the entire house with my quilting stuff. He has helped me tie quilts.

He is color blind and helps me when I ask as to what looks good to him. If it is for our home or us I like to make sure things look good to him also. He doesn’t mind if I make things in colors that I like that he can’t distinguish. He cheers me on when I finish projects but never complains if I have lots of unfinished projects. He lets me know if he sees fabric on sale that I didn't notice.

He is great!
:-D
Old 02-08-2011, 05:20 PM

When it comes to my quilting he helps with my purchasing fabric. He's the breadwinner and works very long hours from home. I'm thankful I can still buy fabric, etc.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:28 PM

My husband helps me with color choices, makes dinner while I sew and even goes to quilt shops with me when we are on vacation.....probably so I don't spend all our vacation money on fabric!! LOL!!! Really he is great about my quilting habit.:-))